PDA

View Full Version : Help figuring out a character my DM threw at me?

Arenabait
2018-02-01, 12:40 AM
Okay, so I need some help figuring out a build my DM threw at us as a temporary DMPC because we were really low on players (Figuring out the build of this character is just a little game from DM). So far what I know for sure is:

She is level 7
She has 3+ levels of Warlock
She has Pact of the Chain
She has the Voice of the Chain Master Invocation
She has 3+ levels of something other than Warlock or Sorcerer
She looks like a Half-Elf
She Is Adventurer's League legal, other than the phb+1 rule, which she breaks because of spells she has
She has 14 Cha
She gets a power spike at 9th level
She does not need to wear armor (DM's exact words were: "Some warlocks don't need to wear armor.")
She has no healing spells known or prepared currently.
She knows Eldritch Blast, Shadow Blade, Prestidigitation, and Silence
She has a way of speaking to me through said Silence. (Current ideas are Message and GOOlock)

Vorpalchicken
2018-02-01, 01:20 AM
I'm guessing lore bard . Although then she likely would have used inspiration by now. Possibly cleric?

Quoz
2018-02-01, 03:41 AM
Power spike at 9th level combined with knowing shadow blade probably means getting an extra attack. Probably at that point warlock 4/(martial class) 5. Could also be warlock 3 with 6 of bladesinger or sword bard, though most bards would know some healing.

14 Cha on a half elf warlock tells me this in not a caster first. Dex-based Gish seems likely. (Supported by shadow blade)

No armor could be the mage armor invocation, but may also be unarmored defense.

I'm going to put my guess on warlock/monk (way of shadow)

bc56
2018-02-01, 07:33 AM
Message is not a Warlock spell, so I would guess GOO lock.

Silence is also not a Warlock spell, but it is on the bard and cleric spell lists. I am going to say Cleric, because CHA is only a 14, so the primary casting stat has to be something else.

I will guess Warlock (GOO) 4, Cleric (unknown domain, but not life) 3. If 4 levels in Warlock, the power spike is either the unlock of 3rd level cleric spells at War 4 Cler 5, or the patron feature at War 6 Cler 3.

To figure out what domain, I would need a full list of the spells the DMPC cast and any invocations you have seen used.