PDA

View Full Version : Orbs of Entrapment

Yeril
2007-08-26, 05:01 PM
I have 2 questions.

1) what level do you think it should be

and

2) As you can plainly see, this spell has alot of information, and that I did a terrible job of putting it down neatly, so please please would anyone help me sort it out because I just can't ive remuddled it like 4 times and its no more helpful either way :smallfrown:

Orbs of entrapment
Conjuration

Level: ? Sor/Wiz
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: Full round action
Range: Medium
Area: A Radius of 0ft+5ft/level
Duration: Concentration + 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None*

Orbs of entrap summons several small blue spheres to entrap an area, theses spheres make a ring around the area, every 5ft is a sphere connected by a link of electricity (note, this is not real electicity so having resistance to electricity is no advantage) creatures inside the ring are at no hinderance, they can still attack, cast spells and move as normal, but they cannot pass through the barrier without making a will save. The wall can be destroyed by attacking the spheres, the spheres are diminutive constructs, they have DR 10/Magic and Adamantine, and resistance to all energy 5, although force damage is very potent at disrupting these spheres, any force damage dealt to them deals triple damage. each sphere has an AC of 9 (-5 dex, +4 size) and gains the casters main casting stat modifier (Intelligence for wizards, charisma for sorcerers) as a deflection bonus.

Any damage dealt to the spheres prompts a caster level check from the caster, DC equaling the damage dealt. A failed check means that the barrier is dispelled, a sucessful check means that the barrier is still in place, If the caster is still activly concenrating on the spell, s/he gains +5 on her caster level check. Damage dealt via a area attack spell such as a fireball which effects more than one sphere, or multiple attacks against one sphere such as from magic missile caster level checks are to be made seperatly for each sphere or attack.

Material component; Five Glass Marbles

Lyinginbedmon
2007-08-26, 05:03 PM
Ah, Ichneumon's Orbs of Entrapment. Recently used rather poorly to entrap a spellcaster :smallsmile:

Hmm...I would say 3rd level

Yeril
2007-08-26, 05:07 PM
Oops wrong forum.

Yeah its hers/his I secretly stole it because I thought "Hmm.. you know this spell idea isn't bad if it was a area of effect.." and went to work, but when I came to say "Hey do you mind if I borrow orbs of entrapment to make a write up." He/she was gone and I couldn't wait

So I sneakily changed the name from "orbs of imprisonment" to "orbs of enchantment" and "Red" to "blue" to avoid being sued :smallbiggrin: