PDA

View Full Version : Best feat for war cleric

cre4tive
2018-02-01, 11:48 AM
I'm playing with a war cleric, and the DM gave us a talent on the first level, I'm between Magic Initiate for Shillelagh and War Caster.

Stats: Str 14
Dex 12
With 16
Int 8
Wis 16
Cha 8

BobZan
2018-02-01, 12:01 PM
What's your aim? Offensive? Defensive/Supportive?

For offense, MI. For defense/support, WC.

Biggstick
2018-02-01, 12:31 PM
Do you plan on wearing Plate Armor? If so, unless you're a Dwarf, you're going to be moving 10' slower then everyone else as you don't have enough Str to utilize Plate.

As Bobzan said, what are your intentions for the character? What role are you trying to fill in the party? There is no best feat a War Cleric can take, unless you have a certain role you're trying to fit the War Cleric in to. And even then, arguements can be made for many feats being more valuable. Examples of universally useful feats include: Alert, Resilient xxx, and Lucky. These feats are always useful, but not play exactly into what you're trying to achieve with the character.

Information like your PC's race and intended role within the party, what else you have within the party, what level you see the campaign going to, what you'd like to do with your War Cleric, etc. If you elaborate further as to what you'd like to achieve with your War Cleric, you will get better responses from the forum.

SirGraystone
2018-02-01, 01:38 PM
With 14 STR and 16 WIS Shillelagh only give you a +1, if you are going to melee Shield spell is great to stay alive.

If you are fighting weapon and shield, shield master is very good against spell with dex save.

Matrix_Walker
2018-02-01, 01:55 PM
Unless you're playing a Dwarf, I would swap your CON and STR so you can carry heavy armor, This would also negate your need for the Shillelagh spell.

I think Warcaster is a great choice.