PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Galaxies help

Trinak
2007-08-26, 05:30 PM
Ok, I'm posting this here cause I can't figure out how to post on the SWG forum page. Anyways, I haven't played this game since pre-NGE, but am thinking of rejoining, but I've looked at some of the changes and have some questions.
1) How do professions work now, do you just pick a starting class and are unable to change like you used to (just remove skill points to place in another class)?
2) Are jedi's incredibly weaker now that you don't have to do a lot of work for them,?
3) Is space combat the same or has it been drastically revamped as well?
4) Can you have multiple characters for servers now or still just the one?

Thats it for now, thanks for any help.

Tom_Violence
2007-08-26, 07:08 PM
1 - Yes, you pick a class at character creation and that's you done. You don't even get any real options to customise your abilities after that. Its a straight line all the way through.
2 - Not sure, as I never had any experience of them before. But everyone in SWG is a Jedi now, so no doubt there's enough people who do know. I've heard that they're vastly weaker than they once were, but apparently still overpowered.
3 - No idea. Space combat would've involved pumping even more money into that disaster.
4 - You can have multiple characters.

Basically, the best way to approach SWG is to not.

Trinak
2007-08-26, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the response. Its too bad what they've done it seems.

Tom_Violence
2007-08-26, 09:02 PM
Yes, they took a lame horse and, rather than mercifully shooting it, they proceeded to headbutt it beyond all recognition.

Hawriel
2007-08-26, 10:37 PM
I quit the game almost a year ago. I played the new version. it sucks hard. if you can find some one to make ship parts your very very lucky. player made ship parts are a must after you gain experience in ship combat. character creation is pritty much choose race, give name choose class. oh and for detale you can tinker with how your character looks. thats it. from then on its trying to find clothing you consider cool or usfull. Dont hope to get any thing repaired.