PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Roy?

paladinofshojo
2007-08-26, 05:43 PM
Just a quick question what if Roy becomes and undead? Which one would he be? (My money is on Death Knight) and will he still be Good or Evil. I can imagine him being a "good" death knight since he is(or was) a countersteriotype for "dumb" fighters. Anyway, who'd win in a fight, Xykon or Death Knight Roy 1 on 1, no Redcloak, hobbo's, Order of the Stick, Saphire Guard, etc. to turn the battle tide.

the_tick_rules
2007-08-26, 05:53 PM
just bein a death knight isn't enough to turn the tide.

WildBill
2007-08-26, 06:54 PM
Considering Xykon is at a minimum a lvl 20, I don't think anything would be enough for to turn the tide in Roy's favor. Even though Xykon's spell selection is decidedly suboptimal, he's still a full caster with enough good spells to make up for his spell selection being mostly blasting.
Overland flight let's him stay out of reach, he has Xykon's moderately escapable forcecage to buy him some time to either use his blasting spells to kill roy or nail him with enough save or dies to win.

JasonDoomsblade
2007-08-26, 08:00 PM
Just a quick question what if Roy becomes and undead? Which one would he be? (My money is on Death Knight) and will he still be Good or Evil. I can imagine him being a "good" death knight since he is(or was) a countersteriotype for "dumb" fighters. Anyway, who'd win in a fight, Xykon or Death Knight Roy 1 on 1, no Redcloak, hobbo's, Order of the Stick, Saphire Guard, etc. to turn the battle tide.

If Roy became a Death Knight, he'd prolly be Chaotic Good.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-08-26, 08:08 PM
Death Knight Roy? Not too likely, especially since Xykon doesn't (currently) have access to Roy's body.

Death Knight O-Chul? Er... YIKES!

The Extinguisher
2007-08-26, 09:52 PM
If he was animated as a Death Knight, he'd still be evil. He may have free will, but it's still evil free will.

JasonDoomsblade
2007-08-26, 10:08 PM
If he was animated as a Death Knight, he'd still be evil. He may have free will, but it's still evil free will.

Well! Arn't we Mr. The Glass is Half Empty.

Nathander
2007-08-26, 11:41 PM
Death Knight Roy? Not too likely, especially since Xykon doesn't (currently) have access to Roy's body.

Death Knight O-Chul? Er... YIKES!

Yeah, we just know that was coming. And to think we were all blinded enough to think that if any paladin did, it would be MIKO who'd end up joining Team Evil.
:smalltongue:

dish
2007-08-26, 11:45 PM
But O-Chul isn't dead yet. He's just paralysed. Isn't he? I can see them defrosting him and torturing him from information on the other gates, but would they go as far as killing and then raising him as a death knight?

Nathander
2007-08-26, 11:56 PM
But O-Chul isn't dead yet. He's just paralysed. Isn't he? I can see them defrosting him and torturing him from information on the other gates, but would they go as far as killing and then raising him as a death knight?

After they get what they want? I don't see why they wouldn't, or what would keep them from doing it. Redcloak has shown his utter hatred and rage towards the paladins of the Azure City, and that he has the capability of raising a Death Knight. I think it would give him some form of satisfaction, even if minor, to raise one of their own as an abomination of what he had been. And Xykon...well, we know how very much Xykon cares about the dignity and sanctity of life, don't we? :smallyuk:

Of course, they may even do it just to give Tsukiko something to play with if she irritates the two of them enough and they finish getting what they want from O-Chul. Feel free to disagree with me, but I'm getting the feeling that, despite her intelligence, Tsukiko will end up being the Elan figure in relationship to a Roy figure in Redcloak and Xykon.

David Argall
2007-08-27, 01:42 AM
Death Knights are made from evil creatures of at least 6 hd. - MM2
Roy is not evil, so he can't be made into a death knight. Of course, he might become a good death knight and immediately try to whack Redcloud or the lich. But if we follow the standard rules, Roy is not a valid target for this spell.

TreesOfDeath
2007-08-27, 05:04 AM
Rich has already made fun out of the Roy becomming undead idea ( http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0474.html ), and when he makes fun out of an idea, it means hes not using it (Blackguard Miko).
Also we've seen Roy in Heavean, so yeah.
However hyptoehtically if they had to pick one udnead... I dunno.
Deathknight would seem the most logical, except for the fact it requires an evil aligement (although that could be ignored for story purposes).
Actually thats kind of it, Roy would become the undead most approite for stoy purposes. I can't say which one. Although a few female posters found shadow roy to be sexy

lavidor10
2007-08-27, 05:34 AM
We don't need another death knight. If Ochuul would become and undead, I think it's safe ro assume he wouldn't be a dk, Heucouva, Eye of fear and flame, Mummy, Vampire, or Shadow. My bet is on zombie since they are Xykon's favourites.

Setra
2007-08-27, 06:14 AM
Considering Xykon is at a minimum a lvl 20
What makes you think it is minimum 20? From what we've seen, if I remember correctly, he could just be 18th.

Or were you counting LA?

Lupus Major
2007-08-27, 06:23 AM
Well, if "Cloister" is actually able to get Azure City "off the grid", it's quite likely an epic spell. Which raises the question why Xykon hasn't used epic spellcasting before.

But I think most people refer to him as epic and mean "18th level with a nice little LA".

factotum
2007-08-27, 07:01 AM
What makes you think it is minimum 20? From what we've seen, if I remember correctly, he could just be 18th.

Have you seen Start of Darkness? Xykon casts a LOT of 9th level spells during his duel with Dorukan...

JasonDoomsblade
2007-08-27, 04:35 PM
Well, if "Cloister" is actually able to get Azure City "off the grid", it's quite likely an epic spell. Which raises the question why Xykon hasn't used epic spellcasting before.

But I think most people refer to him as epic and mean "18th level with a nice little LA".

I'll bet you 43 virtual bucks that it's because of the headband. Notice how it glows when Xykon casts Cloister. And why the hell are we talking about Cloister when this is the Roy Death Knight thread.

boomwolf
2007-08-27, 05:19 PM

not all undead are evil....
the ones with free will are generally in the same scale of alignment as thier former race...(so if you are a free willed undead elf (normal one. not draw), you are unlikly to be evil.
you might serve an evil master, but you (probably) wont be evil (and you will attempt to break free of the evil master power)