PDA

View Full Version : HOMEBREW MONSTER CHALLENGE: Assign stats to this monstrosity!

PangolinPie
2018-02-01, 10:51 PM
A random brain fart of a photomanipulation project a friend challenged me with; wanting a “sum of all fears” conveyed visually. So I came up with this and am curious to see what you good people could do with it...(and yes the chest mounted mini gun does indeed shoot bees)

https://i.imgur.com/4dPr5Lk.jpg

P.F.
2018-02-01, 11:30 PM
Wow. Just, ... wow. Bite/bite/bite/rend/sting?

Calthropstu
2018-02-01, 11:43 PM
Start with a dire bear.
Add a d20 modern chest mounted machine gun, change the damage to the claws, add a breath weapon. Maybe apply the advanced template.

P.F.
2018-02-02, 08:59 AM
Start with a dire bear.
Add a d20 modern chest mounted machine gun, change the damage to the claws, add a breath weapon. Maybe apply the advanced template.

Probably want to slap a death gaze (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/bodak.htm) on there as well. Sting as per monstrous scorpion with DC adjusted for new constitution.

King of Nowhere
2018-02-02, 09:44 AM
Start with a dire bear.

Nowhere near enough. To do it justice.

I'd say start with a dire bear, change its type to aberration, change the claws to be two sharks (acting on their own initiative, so they can make multiple attacks even as the bear is doing something else), add a stinger with scorpion venom and a breath weapon.

For the bees, I'd put the special quality "bee cloud: the bescorbeark [I mashed together bear, scorpion, bee and shark] is surrounded by a cloud of angry bees with a radius of 6 meters. Everyone into this area is attacked by the bees, as if they were a swarm of bees [and here use the stats of a bee swarm]. If the swarm is killed, the bescorbeark can make a new one the next round as free action"

For the eyes, I'd put a gaze attack dealing magic damage on a touch attack.

For the bee-shooting machine gun, I'd add the special attack "machine bee-gun: a bee swarm will materialize around the target of the machine bee-gun attack, regardless of whether the attack hit or miss". Attack with the machine bee-gun is, of course, part of the creature's full attack, and it deals its own damage.

Finally, I'd give it human-like intelligence and make it always lawful evil, for the nazi part.

Pleh
2018-02-02, 09:48 AM
Fiendish Halfdragon Owlbear

Then get deep into Grafts and Fleshwarping.

Clawed Arm fiendish graft could be refluffed to shark arms.
Sting Tail works as is.
Might as well add Bodak's Eye.

Give em a magic item that summons swarms and fluff it as a machine gun.

Calthropstu
2018-02-02, 10:45 AM
Probably want to slap a death gaze (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/bodak.htm) on there as well. Sting as per monstrous scorpion with DC adjusted for new constitution.

Actually, maybe fluff the eyes as disintigrate rays instead.

Jormengand
2018-02-02, 03:01 PM
δ|Γ∈ β∈@Γ
Size/Type: Large Abberation (Augmented Animal, Chaotic, Evil)
Hit Dice: 12d8+60 (114 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 17 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +7 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+23
Attack: Bite +18 melee (2d8+5) or bite +16 melee (2d8+5) or sting +16 melee (1d8+5 plus poison) or minigun +9/+9/+9 ranged (2d6+bees) or death laser +7 ranged touch (6d6 fire)
Full Attack: Bite +18 melee (2d8+5) and 2 bites +16 melee (2d8+5) and sting +16 melee (1d8+5 plus poison); or minigun +9/+9/+9/+4/+4/+4 ranged (2d6+bees) and 2 death lasers +7 ranged touch (6d6 fire)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Bees, breath weapon, improved grab, poison
Special Qualities: Elite creature, low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9
Abilities: Str 31, Dex 13, Con 19, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +10, Spot +10, Swim +13
Feats: Alertness, Endurance, Improved Toughness, Multiattack, Run
Environment: Fear Itself
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 12
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil
Advancement: I sure hope not
Level Adjustment: —

Bees (Ex)
The δ|Γ∈ β∈@Γ'$ minigun, quite apart from firing three times as fast as a regular weapon, leaves a swarm of bees in the space of each target. Treat this as a spider swarm except that its climb speed becomes fly (perfect) and it only occupies a single space.

Breath Weapon
30 foot cone of 8d6 fire damage, Reflex DC 20 half usable every 1d4 rounds. The save DC is constitution-based.

Death Laser
Any creature struck by a death laser must take a DC 17 reflex save or Catch on Fire. The save DC is dexterity-based.

Elite creature (Ex)
An elite creature has several abilities and immunities which prevent it from being defeated with a single lucky attack. It is immune to any ability which would kill it outright - even if it is not a death effect - and all mind-affecting abilities. It may pay one tenth of its maximum hit points to avoid the effect of an attack or ability, but cannot avoid damage in this way. Any ability which would affect it over any duration longer than a round is limited to a single round instead. Finally, no single attack can deal more than one quarter of the creature's maximum hit points in damage to the creature.

Improved Grab (Ex)
To use this ability, the δ|Γ∈ β∈@Γ must hit with a bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking attacks of opportunity.

Poison (Ex)
Injury, Fortitude DC 20, initial and secondary damage 1d6 con. The save DC is consitutition-based.

PangolinPie
2018-02-07, 07:00 PM
You guys rock. I particular love Jormengands attention to detail and thorough analysis of abilities...you are a master of your craft; I definitely saw this as an abberation of the far realm or something similar. I particularly liked “Environment: fear itself” LOL

If I come up with any new photo manips I’ll definitely send them your way as a good challenge to keep your skills fine tuned ;)

SirNMN
2018-02-07, 07:22 PM
add half dragon to give it the breath weapon, scales, and wings

Thurbane
2018-02-07, 07:44 PM
δ|Γ∈ β∈@Γ
Size/Type: Large Abberation (Augmented Animal, Chaotic, Evil)
Hit Dice: 12d8+60 (114 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 17 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +7 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+23
Attack: Bite +18 melee (2d8+5) or bite +16 melee (2d8+5) or sting +16 melee (1d8+5 plus poison) or minigun +9/+9/+9 ranged (2d6+bees) or death laser +7 ranged touch (6d6 fire)
Full Attack: Bite +18 melee (2d8+5) and 2 bites +16 melee (2d8+5) and sting +16 melee (1d8+5 plus poison); or minigun +9/+9/+9/+4/+4/+4 ranged (2d6+bees) and 2 death lasers +7 ranged touch (6d6 fire)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Bees, breath weapon, improved grab, poison
Special Qualities: Elite creature, low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +9
Abilities: Str 31, Dex 13, Con 19, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +10, Spot +10, Swim +13
Environment: Fear Itself
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 12
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil
Advancement: I sure hope not
Level Adjustment: —

Bees (Ex)
The δ|Γ∈ β∈@Γ'$ minigun, quite apart from firing three times as fast as a regular weapon, leaves a swarm of bees in the space of each target. Treat this as a spider swarm except that its climb speed becomes fly (perfect) and it only occupies a single space.

Breath Weapon
30 foot cone of 8d6 fire damage, Reflex DC 20 half usable every 1d4 rounds. The save DC is constitution-based.

Death Laser
Any creature struck by a death laser must take a DC 17 reflex save or Catch on Fire. The save DC is dexterity-based.

Elite creature (Ex)
An elite creature has several abilities and immunities which prevent it from being defeated with a single lucky attack. It is immune to any ability which would kill it outright - even if it is not a death effect - and all mind-affecting abilities. It may pay one tenth of its maximum hit points to avoid the effect of an attack or ability, but cannot avoid damage in this way. Any ability which would affect it over any duration longer than a round is limited to a single round instead. Finally, no single attack can deal more than one quarter of the creature's maximum hit points in damage to the creature.

Improved Grab (Ex)
To use this ability, the δ|Γ∈ β∈@Γ must hit with a bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking attacks of opportunity.

Poison (Ex)
Injury, Fortitude DC 20, initial and secondary damage 1d6 con. The save DC is consitutition-based.

Brilliant! I may just need to use that in a comedy game at some point!

Goaty14
2018-02-07, 08:57 PM

Those feats don't do it justice. Needs more metabreath.

Incorrect
2018-02-08, 08:03 AM
In a twist of fate, this is a CR 1, tiny fey creature called The Nibblerino
It is available as a familiar.

Calthropstu
2018-02-08, 12:53 PM

And in another twist, has the [Good] descriptor.

Bronk
2018-02-08, 01:10 PM
Hmm, I was going to go with a kaiju template, with the arms being megalodons and the cannon shooting giant bees.

PangolinPie
2018-02-12, 01:23 PM

And in another twist, has the [Good] descriptor.

That’s too friggin funny LOL

The Glyphstone
2018-02-12, 03:24 PM
Why has no one yet referred to its chest mounted cannon as a Bee Bee Gun?

P.F.
2018-02-13, 12:21 AM
That whole Elite Creature ability reminded me of something which came up in one of my games a few months back...

I feel like this (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/alternate-classes/antipaladin/#TOC-Aura-of-Cowardice-Su-) might be appropriate, given tje monster's basic concept.