PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Trying to Make Digiarmor for My Players PEACH

Ukimoni
2018-02-02, 12:54 AM
Hi all,

So I'm making a new campaign setting for my 6-8 players where they're the "Destined" (read chosen ones). As the Destined they need to gather a relic each to prove their status. I was originally going to just go with Light Orbs a la Final Fantasy, but then my stupid over-achieving brain thought that hey, I have almost the perfect number of players for it, why don't I make the relics the Digimentals from the second season of Digimon....So here I am. I have some basic ideas that I'm proud of but brainstorming help is 100% appreciated. So without further ado let's get this started! Oh, and one more thing. I really like Exalted as well so I'll be taking the Intimacies system as morale bonuses from that.

First of all the basics. Essentially each Digimental/whateverthe****idecidetocallthem will retain it's trait from the show, (ie. courage, friendship, hope etc.). And each player will receive on of the digimentals based on which trait fits them the best. Furthermore each digimental will become a weapon for that player to use, it will give them bonuses, earn experience and level with them, and can be called upon whenever the character wishes as long as they still have possession of it. Each Digimental has it's own weapon form and abilities/feats it gives the player that I will list my ideas on here:

Courage: Sword, Fire damage, luck feats possibly bonus against fear effects or straight up immunity since honestly it's not hard to get
Friendship: Spear, Electricity damage, Teamwork based feats
Knowledge: Punching Spike (like a big bee sting), Stunning/paralyzing/sleep/etc. effects, Knowledge based feats (duh)
Reliability: Harpoon (TORPEDO...I'm sorry), Swimming effects or other water stuff or maybe cold damage, Commander or Strategy feats?
Love: Axe, Air based effects...possibly ranged knockback or the like, custom feats that work with intimacies
Sincerity: Shuriken? Bow? Twin Swords?, Poison like ability damage but lasting rounds and scales, Diplomancy Feats
Hope: Shield, not too sure maybe turn attempts or holy burst when struck..., Buffing feat as hopeful or like Last Bastion type feats for being the last hope...i dunno
Light: ?????Spellbook?????, Healing buff, How in the nine hells do you do light feats? Oh...Exalted feats...those'll work.
Kindness: Wat?, I dunno?, HOW?!

Now the Digimental weapons have one other function. They unlock per story needs/when the character meets certain conditions kinda like Legacy Weapons but not ****. Essentially these functions are...digivolution...kinda. There's a "Champion", "Ultimate", and "Mega" forms which I have the names for already because, once again, NERD.

Champion/Energize: Limited use per day for a set amount of time lasting, Aura of Element, gives some protection from relevant element, access to spell-like "Special Moves", bonus to certain skills

Ultimate/Full Energize: Same as above but also gives armor for heighten protection, special ability that fits armor design and element, bonus to relevant ability, better "Special Moves", immunity to relevant element.

Mega/Energize OVERDRIVE: Same as above but essentially power armor, absorption of relevant element, more specialized to character style so...not much to plan now, Stupid ridiculous.

I think that's all I have. I just for now want to get the weapons down before the game starts but if anyone has questions or want to pitch ideas feel free. I'm really kinda proud of this but hitting ideas back and forth is fun so...let's have fun with this.

Ukimoni
2018-02-14, 03:10 PM
So, update.
Courage is now Claw augments of some kind since the character I'm giving it to has claws at 1st level.
Love is going to be Dual War Fans, it makes since with the wind attribute, fits love as a theme more, and works with the character I plan on giving it to.
Light is now a pair of bracers that can form weapons of light, need to be wielded two handed and can even make arrows. No extra damage on its own, since the versatility is pretty good, but will give smite evil buffs/uses

Furthermore, I've made the leveling of the weapons for Courage, Friendship, and Knowledge (working on Love now) up to level 5. I'll post the links to the google Docs below.

Courage: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OhBbE9Q3zwxW3bXus5HopFK8yMPjZ_OPP8W7e0QcwCQ/edit?usp=sharing

Friendship: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZKz5BeEHa0Gt9GLIb_bIU0EtDWFLuY9X59HYTI1iHSA/edit?usp=sharing

Knowledge: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R3osRFwL5QrEONbe0nfGVN1DPVaTCL5WHspLwbDxtyM/edit?usp=sharing

I think these might need some tweaking but game also starts in a few weeks so we'll see what I can figure out. All that's left is to make Love, Light, and...a final one that I'm not sure which will fit the last character since it's the one I know least about. I need to make all of them eventually anyway so it's all good I suppose.

I'll keep this updated as I finish more.

Edit: Oh and before anyone says anything, yes they are ridiculous. They are supposed to be. The challenges the heroes face will also be ridiculous.