PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other fear

SirNMN
2018-02-02, 07:26 PM
So one of my players asked if there is a god of fear as each trying to become a god. I told them no there wasn't one in my pantheon yet so he want to take levels as a cleric of fear not sure what that would entail. so far has been playing a fighter who has yet to fail and intimidate check so he wants to build on that not sure what to give him for it

aimlessPolymath
2018-02-02, 07:42 PM
Let him pick whatever domains he can justify easily, plus probably one custom one.
ex.
Fear Domain:
Domain Power: Immunity to fear against your abilities is downgraded to a +6 bonus on rolls to oppose it.
Spells:
-Cause Fear
-Scare
-Eagle's Splendor, or other appropriate spell that you can find. The 3-slot is hard to fill.
-Crushing Despair
-Phantasmal Killer
-Symbol of Fear
-Summon Monster 7(Invisible Stalker only)
-Antipathy
-Weird

SirNMN
2018-02-02, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the tip that what I was looking for was a custom domain for him to use as his intimidate domain

aimlessPolymath
2018-02-02, 11:21 PM
The Fear Domain I just wrote up is probably sufficient, and encompasses intimidation.... Maybe the Tyranny Domain (http://therafimrpg.wikidot.com/cleric-domains) might be appropriate as well?

DuelingBlue
2018-02-03, 12:25 PM
Let him pick whatever domains he can justify easily, plus probably one custom one.
ex.
Fear Domain:
Domain Power: Immunity to fear against your abilities is downgraded to a +6 bonus on rolls to oppose it.
Spells:
-Cause Fear
-Scare
-Eagle's Splendor, or other appropriate spell that you can find. The 3-slot is hard to fill.
-Crushing Despair
-Phantasmal Killer
-Symbol of Fear
-Summon Monster 7(Invisible Stalker only)
-Antipathy
-Weird

Hold Person could work for the third level spot. Being unable to move is pretty damn terrifying.