PDA

View Full Version : DM Help 3.5e Looking for ideas for Drow made Monsters.

BloodSnake'sCha
2018-02-04, 02:47 PM
Hello guys :)

In my game the party is working for the Dwarfs(They are a tool for diplomacy because the only thing the Dwarfs can do is crafting and they need to prepare for war with an empire from another plain(end game war).

The Drkw in my game(the high society of the Drow, not the low life non casters) crating Monsters in order to fight the Dwarfs(This Drow city, others Drows have other plans).

Fore now I made a castome Monster in order to give the party XP, teach a new player how to use her spells and make the party almost die(they do need to have something hard sometimes).

I made a Larger Lizard(5 of them) with 36 STR, 12 DEX, 24 CON, 2 INT, 4 WIS, 10 CHA.
Claw/Claw/Tail all 1d8
6 HD 50 HP
Rock range attack 1d6+6(because the state of the fight when I started to use it).
2 Bab

The feat that let you full attack at -2 with all natural attack(if I am wrong then it is an EX ability for them).
Paunce

There were 2 upgraded versions that had +2 to all stats and Acid spite that made a pool of acid in a 10x10 with Reflex 18 for half instead of the rock.

they use the type of vision that let you sense what is on the ground, 30 ft for the regular and 45 ft for the upgraded ones.

The party mission is to stop the supply of lizards for the Drows so they will start with fighting Drows low life fighters(not the class) and the Creations.

I am looking for Ideas about what those creations will be(I am kind of new as a GM, please don't assume I know what you are taking about).
I think I prefer premade Monsters, but if you have some ideas I will love to hear them.

The party is at level 5(ECL 6 they have 1 free LA) and very close to 6.
we have:
Half-Minotaur, Human Fighter 3/ Frenzy + Trip variant Barbarian 2(A regular Charger(not UberCharger)).
Draconic Elan Erudit 5(Blasting and little BFC).
Draconic Tabbit Dragonfire Adept 3/ cleric 1/ Eldritch Disciple 1(BFC) (I allow some cheese so it is possible).
Dark, Fire Elf Beguiler 5(she don't know how to play the game).

The Fighter and the Beguiler are new player with the fighter playing from the start of the game and the Beguiler fresh from the field.

Daefos
2018-02-04, 05:19 PM
Do you mean Drow?

BloodSnake'sCha
2018-02-05, 12:53 AM
Do you mean Drow?

Yes, I think I should not write stuff in the middle of the night.

SirNMN
2018-02-05, 01:50 AM
The Drow are famous for their use of Spiders

BloodSnake'sCha
2018-02-05, 12:34 PM
The Drow are famous for their use of Spiders

Spiders is a suggestion but how will I use them.

Those Drow re-creating animals in order to use them as fighting machines.

They use Lizards as walls of meat that will turn you to dust.

What will be the Spiders role?
I think about BFC, but how should I do it?

I am searching for idea that will be able to answer those questions.

The Drow should be smart enough to make Monsters(Argument Animals) that will take roles is a fight.

Trey Bright
2018-02-05, 01:44 PM
Spiders is a suggestion but how will I use them.

Those Drow re-creating animals in order to use them as fighting machines.

They use Lizards as walls of meat that will turn you to dust.

What will be the Spiders role?
I think about BFC, but how should I do it?

I am searching for idea that will be able to answer those questions.

The Drow should be smart enough to make Monsters(Argument Animals) that will take roles is a fight.

Drider, giant spiders, small spiders that are super poisonous, phase spiders are a few ideas. You could have them kidnapping people and making artificial drider that are more like mindless monsters out of them. You could have them trying to use a mixture of the lycanthropic curse and giant spiders to create a new breed of lycans. Werespiders!

Pronounceable
2018-02-05, 01:51 PM
Grab any random critter you like from anywhere, plop it into your game, describe it as a spidery monster. If it's a wyvern, pretend it's a winged giant spider. If it's a beholder, pretend it's a magic spider shooting spells from its legs. If it's a frost giant, pretend it's a spider golem made of ice. Find appropriate monsters for whatever sort of battle role you want from Monster Manual, dress them up in drow fashion.

Trey Bright
2018-02-05, 01:56 PM
Grab any random critter you like from anywhere, plop it into your game, describe it as a spidery monster. If it's a wyvern, pretend it's a winged giant spider. If it's a beholder, pretend it's a magic spider shooting spells from its legs. If it's a frost giant, pretend it's a spider golem made of ice. Find appropriate monsters for whatever sort of battle role you want from Monster Manual, dress them up in drow fashion.

^^This! This is good advice!

BloodSnake'sCha
2018-02-06, 03:30 AM
Drider, giant spiders, small spiders that are super poisonous, phase spiders are a few ideas. You could have them kidnapping people and making artificial drider that are more like mindless monsters out of them. You could have them trying to use a mixture of the lycanthropic curse and giant spiders to create a new breed of lycans. Werespiders!

Thank you guys, those comments help a lot.

SirNMN
2018-02-07, 04:28 PM

This is something I wish I had heard long ago

Zexionthefirst
2018-02-07, 09:29 PM

This is exactly what Demonac did/does in his game. He took a Manticore and used it's stats for a goo creature. This is excellent advice you've given.