PDA

View Full Version : Divine MetaMagic questions

Balthizar
2018-02-04, 11:02 PM
For divine meta magic do I need to take the meta magic feat first then take Divine MetaMagic to apply divine meta magic to it?

For example taking Reach. And then divine meta magic reach equaling two feats

Or

Just take divine MetaMagic reach as just one feat

Looking for a source of confirmation. I believe it is the second situation. My Dm feels it is the first situation. Looking for clarification on it and an explanation why it is so

JNAProductions
2018-02-04, 11:05 PM
Your DM is right.

Benefit: When you take this feat, choose a metamagic feat that you have. This feat applies only to that metamagic feat. As a free action, you can take the energy from turning or rebuking undead and use it to apply a metamagic feat to spells that you know. You must spend one turn or rebuke attempt, plus an additional attempt for each level increase in the metamagic feat you're using. For example, Jozan the cleric could sacrifice three turn attempts to empower a holy smite he's casting. Because you're using positive or negative energy to augment your spells, the spell slot for the spell doesn't change.

Key line there is "choose a metamagic feat that you have. This feat applies only to that metamagic feat."

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2018-02-04, 11:10 PM
The feat was updated in the Complete Divine Errata (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/errata) as follows:

Page 80: Divine Metamagic feat
The boldface text needs to be added to the Benefit
paragraph of the feat description:
When you take this feat, choose a metamagic feat that
you have. This feat applies only to that metamagic feat.
As a free action, you can take the energy from turning
or rebuking undead and use it to apply a metamagic feat
to divine spells that you know. . . .