PDA

View Full Version : [IC] The Legacy of Amsterdam

Fliggl
2018-02-05, 01:17 PM
Amsterdam was still grumpy and couldn't await that you all leave the elves - as a group.

At the third day in the morning you recognized that he wasn't at the breakfast. He wasn't in his room either. Lissa started to search for tracks - easy. This citizen could be followed after 2 days of rain with ease.

His tracks led outside of the elven camp.

(What do you do?)

Link OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?550238-OOC-The-Legacy-of-Amsterdam&p=22816134#post22816134)

Jormengand
2018-02-05, 01:29 PM
Lissa swore. That damnable rogue shouldn't have left them on his own. They were only going to stay for a little longer, and then...

Ugh, it didn't matter. The important part was trying to find him. She took the map she'd been given by the half-point and checked which direction Amsterdam had left in - was it still towards the magi? Was it back to the city?

She worked it out quickly. He was attempting to continue their quest. She scowled, and went to inform the others. "Amsterdam's gone. I suspect he didn't leave long ago, so he's probably not far away, but we should go, now, and see if we can catch up with him."

JNAProductions
2018-02-05, 10:32 PM
Alright, Bria says. But why do you think he left? These are pretty nice people.

Jormengand
2018-02-06, 06:19 AM
"Well, people can seem nice on the outside and not on the inside. But that doesn't seem to be what happened. I just think he was on edge and... well, we stayed here longer than we were going to... anyway, we've got to go! We need to find him, damn it!"

She was acting a little more concerned than she'd any right to be over a man she wasn't interested in. Best to throw the others a decoy to try to convince them that it wasn't them she had feelings for. Not that she could act worth a damn, but... it was a nice idea? Maybe she just came off as being over-the-top and impulsive. Whatever the case, it didn't matter.

She went back to the tracks and started to follow them. They weren't hard to follow, fortunately. Amsterdam knew nothing about how not to be traced. At the same time, though, this somewhat concerned Lissa... what if he'd got into trouble. "All right, let's go."

Fliggl
2018-02-06, 01:53 PM
The three women packed their equipment and left fast. Elrond wasn't around and Lissa couldn't search him and Amsterdam at the same time. Elrond knows how to pass without a trace...

They followed Amsterdams footprints and marks that he had passed like broken branches on the bushes and so on. He must have been in a hurry as you could see by the length of his steps. Either he was following something or he was running away.

After following the trace for about 3 hours (it's about 11:00am) you find Amsterdam lying in the grass in front of you. Face down. With an arrow between his shoulders.

Jormengand
2018-02-07, 12:13 PM
Lissa frowned. Either he was in stable condition or he was dead, and she would like to know which. She carefully crouched down next to him, and checked for a pulse, acutely aware that she might also be in danger...

JNAProductions
2018-02-07, 03:37 PM
Bria looks around nervously, debating about casting a defensive spell on herself.

[roll0] for any threats.

WesleyVos
2018-02-07, 04:10 PM
Arianna frowns at Amsterdam's disappearance. I made it clear that he was to stay! she though to herself. When I find him, I will make sure he knows that he is to protect the shamans and do as they say. If he doesn't die learning that lesson, he'll be better for it. When Lissa and Bria decide to leave, Arianna obediently gathers her things and walks with them. When they find Amsterdam's body, though, she frowns. I didn't get to teach him that lesson, she thinks as she draws her sword and looks around. But someone did. "Care," she says, eyes darting about. "Danger."

Fliggl
2018-02-07, 04:12 PM
As you come closer you see that the blood on Amsterdams back has already dried. He has to lay here for a bit longer.
Lissa checked for a pulse, but nothing. He was dead.

Bria searched for a threat but she was either distracted or not focused enough to find something.

Jormengand
2018-02-08, 07:55 AM
Lissa joined Bria in searching for anything she could find to provide some clue as to who killed the rogue... and whether or not they were still there.

[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Survival
[roll2] Search

Fliggl
2018-02-10, 04:31 PM
Lissa started searching, too. She was more focused then Bria but her search came to the same result: nothing. Nobody was here, you were alone.
The offender wasn't here anymore.