PDA

View Full Version : Triple Spell

Cj304
2018-02-05, 05:05 PM
Playing 3.5 and I'm looking for a prestige class or feat or possibly a spell that allows you to select one prepared spell and use it three times in a day.

I cannot for the life of me remember which book it comes from and I've been driving myself insane trying to remember.

Help?

Ramza00
2018-02-05, 05:33 PM
The core Archmage sounds similar to what you are asking about.

Spell-Like Ability

An archmage who selects this type of high arcana can use one of her arcane spell slots (other than a slot expended to learn this or any other type of high arcana) to permanently prepare one of her arcane spells as a spell-like ability that can be used twice per day. The archmage does not use any components when casting the spell, although a spell that costs XP to cast still does so and a spell with a costly material component instead costs her 10 times that amount in XP. This ability costs one 5th-level spell slot.

Effectively you give up a 9th level slot and a 5th level slot, and you get two 9th level spells (plus some sp like bonuses) in exchange. Also the opportunity cost of the Archmage level and the 3 feat requirement for Archmage.

flappeercraft
2018-02-05, 05:36 PM
The Runesmith from RoS does that too but keep in mind that for both the Runesmith and Archmage you still must pay costs and you cannot apply metamagic.

Edit: Noticed you were new, welcome and also RoS is the acronym for Races of Stone

Fizban
2018-02-05, 08:59 PM
You're looking for the spell Triadspell, which can be found in Spell Compendium, or whichever Forgotten Realms book it originally came from.

death390
2018-02-05, 09:34 PM
oh god triadspell on an echoing spell (especially if it is MMReduced to +1) for 3 of the same spell that then returns after an hour @ -4 CL untill it cant be cast.

Cj304
2018-02-05, 10:58 PM
The core Archmage sounds similar to what you are asking about.

Effectively you give up a 9th level slot and a 5th level slot, and you get two 9th level spells (plus some sp like bonuses) in exchange. Also the opportunity cost of the Archmage level and the 3 feat requirement for Archmage.

Yeah, that's a sweet ability. The Hierophant Pres. Class has something like it too, for divine casters. Which is why my Cleric is gonna take that if he lasts long enough.

The Runesmith from RoS does that too but keep in mind that for both the Runesmith and Archmage you still must pay costs and you cannot apply metamagic.

Edit: Noticed you were new, welcome and also RoS is the acronym for Races of Stone

Thankfully, I'm playing in a campaign with a metamagic points bank, so things get a little crazy but are very fun!

Thanks for the welcome! (And thanks for the clarification, I'm still trying to memorize all the abbreviations)

You're looking for the spell Triadspell, which can be found in Spell Compendium, or whichever Forgotten Realms book it originally came from.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Ohhh, that was bugging me. Gonna enjoy that spell in 1 level.

oh god triadspell on an echoing spell (especially if it is MMReduced to +1) for 3 of the same spell that then returns after an hour @ -4 CL untill it cant be cast.

Unfortunately, as AMAZING as that sounds, Triadspell only works on level 3 or lower spells. So you'd have a cantrip spell the first and only time echoing spell took effect. Oh man. Spamming level 10 spells would be amazing. But that might still be worth looking into...

death390
2018-02-05, 11:51 PM
there are mailman builds with things like Fell drain. so lvl blaster spell. Magic Missile, fell drain and Echoing spell @ +2 so 3rd level slot 1st level spell that has been tripplespell'd so that you can fire 3 of those that then come back until CL is less than 1. @ CL lvl 9 that is 5 targets to hit with a negative level (unless they have a magic missile blocker like shield spell) castable 3 times. they come back an hour later fireing 3 missiles, then agin an hour after that use fireing 1 missile.

that is 27 negative levels for the cost of a 5th and 3rd level spell slot. the only difficulty is getting ahold of both spells. tripplespell can be put on a wand/ command word item 1/day or something though.