PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Help optimize this White Hair Witch (Spheres and a houserule)

Dr_Dinosaur
2018-02-06, 12:44 AM
I'm prepping a backup character for an ongoing game using Spheres of Power and the DM has stated that the White Haired Witch archetype can trade the bonus talents granted by their patron (Sphere Witch is here (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/sphere-witch) for reference) instead of their Hexes in exchange for gaining the grappling bonuses (Constrict, Strangle, etc) a level later to match what's lost. Losing hexes is generally cited as one of the two major problems with the archetype (the other being 1/2 BAB), so that's one solved.

So with this change, how can my spheres witch best leverage her hair-raising potential? Death and Alteration both seem like good choices, or maybe supplement my grappling with using the reach to deliver Life talents?

Ironsides
2018-02-06, 03:01 PM
The answer to this depends on what spheres you want to concentrate on. If you want to grapple then you can dip into the Alteration Sphere for self buffs with Blank Form but otherwise I don’t know how to help without knowing what play style you like. Also you could trade feats for combat talents from Spheres of Might (specifically the Wrestling Sphere).

Dr_Dinosaur
2018-02-06, 05:18 PM
The answer to this depends on what spheres you want to concentrate on. If you want to grapple then you can dip into the Alteration Sphere for self buffs with Blank Form but otherwise I don’t know how to help without knowing what play style you like. Also you could trade feats for combat talents from Spheres of Might (specifically the Wrestling Sphere).
WHW seems pretty focused on grappling, so buffs for that and delivering touch spells at range and to grappled targets seems like the best playstyle for it. Picking up Wrestling is probably a good idea.