PDA

View Full Version : Would it be cool if Azure City was moved to another dimension?

Charles Phipps
2007-08-27, 01:55 AM
While I doubt it's the negative material plane, I think it'd be awesome if Xykon had sent it there in order to kill all the Hobgoblins and raise them as undead in one blow.

Redcloak could get up his protection in time but watch the resulting cataclysm.

Sadly, it's not because they wouldn't off Belkar and Haley in such a matter.

The Nine Hells/Abyss could be a possibility though.

Shadic
2007-08-27, 02:20 AM
Hinjo would have trouble reclaiming his city, then.

factotum
2007-08-27, 07:10 AM
The hobgoblins all appeared to be just fine in the panel where Xykon says "Azure City is now off the grid"...

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-08-28, 10:05 PM
While I doubt it's the negative material plane, I think it'd be awesome if Xykon had sent it there in order to kill all the Hobgoblins and raise them as undead in one blow.

Sadly, it's not because they wouldn't off Belkar and Haley in such a matter.

The Nine Hells/Abyss could be a possibility though.

I think it would be interesting, but I don't know how Rich would pull it off. And how would the OOTS get it back to its own plane?

chibibar
2007-08-28, 11:39 PM
Also the power of the spell of that caliber is VERY high... to transport a whole city? (and not a small one at that we are talking capital level) it would take nothing short of a serious epic spell or power of the gods.

I highly doubt Durokon could do even to that level (personal opinion) but if Xykon did have such power, it would be hard for the OoTS to get there with their current level and ability...... this would mean no more Haley and Belkar for a long long long long while.

I don't see it happening ;)

tenguro
2007-08-29, 07:42 AM
Well in the 3 panels of Azure city, it looks like the city is going down into the earth, so it could be a possibility that Xykon sent it to the nine hells.

explanetpluto
2007-08-29, 07:47 AM
Well in the 3 panels of Azure city, it looks like the city is going down into the earth, so it could be a possibility that Xykon sent it to the nine hells.

Thats just a transfer up to the clouds to see Roy and his Dad.

David Argall
2007-08-29, 03:19 PM
All sorts of cool things have no place in this story.

As near as I can tell, this is just one of them. It seems to have no story useful purpose.

Squark
2007-08-29, 03:50 PM
For the Record, Most of the D&D cosmology are Copyright. Only The transition planes, Inner planes, and the Material plane are OGC.

The Wanderer
2007-08-29, 03:53 PM
Would it be cool if Azure City was moved to another dimension?

Nope.

Because Xykon would both throw away his remaining army of 20K strong before getting to the next Gate and either kill outright the only person he trusts with the phylactery, or leave said person in the midst of 20K hungry zombies. :smallconfused:

Squark
2007-08-29, 03:56 PM
Although, the order is due (level-wise) for a bit of planar exploration.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-08-29, 04:52 PM
It might be cool, but Xykon isn't high enough (believe it or not!)to create his own demi-plane, or take something as large as Azure City to one of the inner planes.

Now, when Roy and Co. reach Epic Level, then Xykon can create an extra-dimentional fortress.

Kioran
2007-08-29, 05:18 PM
Now, when Roy and Co. reach Epic Level, then Xykon can create an extra-dimentional fortress.

And name it Macross? :smallcool:

I donīt think there will be too much planar travel here.......

Kreistor
2007-08-29, 06:19 PM
Uhm, Charles, this is... uh... out there even for you.

Balathustrius
2007-08-29, 09:28 PM
Well, I sort of thought it would be cool. :smallfrown:

Alex Kidd
2007-08-29, 10:59 PM
Hmm I'm thinking it might not be an interdimensional shift, but rather something to screw with time. IE time moves faster inside than out, disrupting reality enough that no one can look in with magic, and giving him more time to regroup and recover than his enemies.