PDA

View Full Version : "I ready to move..."

SangoProduction
2018-02-07, 01:41 PM
In Spheres of Might, under the Acrobatics sphere, it allows you to ready a move action...as a move action, which seems pretty incredible for just avoiding being attacked. It's utterly pointless when you had to spend a standard action to do so, so yay.

Now, it does have an interaction for avoiding attacks specifically, and that does have the advantage of effectively wasting their action to attack, aside from that first attack, if you were the only valid target. But, can you just ready the move action to move as soon as someone moves to put you in their reach?

I don't see why you couldn't, but I wanted to run it across experts of the field.

PersonMan
2018-02-07, 05:29 PM
Looking at the rules for readying actions in general:

The action occurs just before the action that triggers it. If the triggered action is part of another character’s activities, you interrupt the other character. Assuming he is still capable of doing so, he continues his actions once you complete your readied action.

Assuming "I enter the reach of a hostile entity" is a valid trigger, you could move away in response to an enemy moving to put you in reach, and do so just before they are able to hit you, yes.