PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Help with multiclass PoW Zealot numbers

Barstro
2018-02-07, 03:08 PM
Thanks to a lot of help from Castilonium, Elricaltovilla, and Exelsisxax, I put together a multiclassed Path of War Zealot that I like. I was getting ready to plan out some leveling and came across some language that I want to make sure that actually means what it says (and that I have some numbers correct).

Zealot (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/zealot/)/Swashbuckler with Practiced Initiator Trait
your initiator level in that class gains a +2 trait bonus as long as this bonus does not raise your initiator level above your current Hit Dice.
Currently
Level – 3 (Zealot – 2, Swash – 1) (Manifester level 2, Initiator level 3)

Charisma – 16
Sleeping Goddess – 2 first-level

PP/day – 7 (Zealot – 2, Ability mod – 3, Sleeping Goddess – 2 )
he receives bonus power points per day if he has a high Charisma score (see Table: Ability Modifiers and Bonus Power Points), treating his class level as his effective manifester level for the purposes of bonus power points. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/#Table_Ability_Modifiers_and_Bonus_Power_Points)Yo u gain power points equal to the highest level Sleeping Goddess maneuver you know (including stances), plus one additional power point for each Sleeping Goddess maneuver known beyond the first (including stances).
Maneuvers Known – 6
Maneuvers Readied – 4
Stances Known – 2

What exactly happens at Character level 4?

Maneuvers;
Upon reaching initiator level 4th, and at every even numbered initiator level thereafter (6th, 8th, 10th, and so on), the zealot can choose to learn a new maneuver in place of one he already knows.

Level – 4 (Zealot – 3, Swash – 1) (Manifester level 3, Initiator level 4)

Charisma – 16
Sleeping Goddess – 2 second-level, 2 first-level

PP/day – 11 (Zealot – 3, Ability mod – 4, Sleeping Goddess – 4 )

Maneuvers Known – 7
Maneuvers Readied – 4
Stances Known – 2

Because he is “Level – 4 (Zealot – 3, Swash – 1) (Manifester level 3, Initiator level 4)”, he gets an additional Maneuver known AND gets to swap a Maneuver? Or did the writers mean “Zealot level” instead of “initiator level” and he needs to wait until Zealot level 4?

Castilonium
2018-02-07, 04:42 PM
Yes, you get to swap a maneuver at IL 4, not Zealot level 4. It used to be class level in the first PoW book, but the writers decided to switch it to initiator level.

Barstro
2018-02-07, 05:32 PM
Yes, you get to swap a maneuver at IL 4, not Zealot level 4. It used to be class level in the first PoW book, but the writers decided to switch it to initiator level.

Hard to argue it's a mistake, then.

Thank you.