PDA

View Full Version : E6 [E6 3.5] Caster level boosting (with forced limitations)

DEMON
2018-02-07, 03:31 PM
A simple question, but probably not the simplest answer: What is the highest caster level one could achieve in E6 given the below limitations:

- no kobold (and related shenanigans)
- no races with more than 1RHD and +0LA
- no DragMag (including Dragon Compendium)
- no 3rd party, no PF
- as less cheese as possible (this part is open to interpretation, as I understand that everyone's definition of cheese is subjective; but in short, this boils down to as much objectively questionable content as possible)

Thank you guys/gals in advance.

Zaq
2018-02-07, 03:32 PM
Does it have to be always on, or are conditional/temporary bonuses kosher?

DEMON
2018-02-07, 03:41 PM
Does it have to be always on, or are conditional/temporary bonuses kosher?

It's for item creation pre-reqs (including feat pre-reqs), so I'm open to any suggestions that work for that purpose.

ComaVision
2018-02-07, 06:02 PM
I'm also interested in this. Particularly, I'm interested in whether someone can become a Lich by RAW in E6.

daremetoidareyo
2018-02-07, 07:21 PM
I'm also interested in this. Particularly, I'm interested in whether someone can become a Lich by RAW in E6.

truebond from dmg2?

a spellscale bard with inspire arcana acf and inspire spellcaster feat (races of stone) adds +2 to another players caster level.

plus Circle magic to make it bigger.

Darrin
2018-02-07, 09:18 PM
A Warlock 1/Bard 5 can summon a swarm of bats, turn it into a hivemind with the Dark Speech feat, and give it a Sorcerer caster level of 89. Putting it into a permanent body is a bit of a chore, but certainly possible with 89 caster levels and 720,000 feats. Ruleswankery would probably put this firmly in the "questionable" category, though.

Ramza00
2018-02-07, 11:51 PM
I am doing this from memory and a quick google search. Ghostwalk had a feat you can take at 1st level and allow you to do circle magic but you had to be a divine caster and your god had to be Galaedros (Animal, Earth, Plant). You then can use the circle magic to boost a really high caster level, or to heighten your spells to 9th level and then use a druid spontaneous casting, or take the feat that allows you to spontaneously convert a spell into summon nature spells and thus you can at a low level / e6 you can be spontaneously summoning nature IX monsters. Another trick is if you took the domain spontaneity feat or the subsitution option (swapping out inflict / cure spells if you are cleric) you can use animal domain 9th level slot and thus use shapechange with the heightened 9th level spell slot.