PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Cursed Item Help?

KentaruM
2018-02-07, 06:38 PM
At our last game night, we came across a nifty new cloak but none of us could ID it. Before my addled brain could remember I have the Identify spell, our tank tossed the cloak on.....
Now, our leader and meat shield is invisible and ethereal.... and can not remove the cloak himself.
Role playing options are currently being considered by the group. Myself (as a wizard) have been rifling through my own tomes trying to figure out a solution. With "See Invisibility" I should be able to at least see our lost comrade. However, "Remove Curse" requires touch..... and since he is ethereal, my hand shall pass right through him.....
Any thoughts as to a possible spell solution? (7th level Wizard, Zayl respectfully asking for arcane advice)

Side Note: the poor afflicted soul goes by the name of Kasper....... so yes, THOSE jokes have been flying like made lol

Tiadoppler
2018-02-07, 07:46 PM
At our last game night, we came across a nifty new cloak but none of us could ID it. Before my addled brain could remember I have the Identify spell, our tank tossed the cloak on.....
Now, our leader and meat shield is invisible and ethereal.... and can not remove the cloak himself.
Role playing options are currently being considered by the group. Myself (as a wizard) have been rifling through my own tomes trying to figure out a solution. With "See Invisibility" I should be able to at least see our lost comrade. However, "Remove Curse" requires touch..... and since he is ethereal, my hand shall pass right through him.....
Any thoughts as to a possible spell solution? (7th level Wizard, Zayl respectfully asking for arcane advice)

Side Note: the poor afflicted soul goes by the name of Kasper....... so yes, THOSE jokes have been flying like made lol

Find a sorcerer with Distant Spell who can turn the range of touch to range of 30'?

Edit: Quickly. Before he runs out of food, water and air that his body cannot process. Does he have a fly speed or is he falling straight through the ground? Are you sure that a touch spell won't work on an insubstantial creature?

Edit 2: Convince your DM to let Dispel Magic (temporarily?) end the etherealness, then cast Remove Curse?

Lord8Ball
2018-02-07, 10:15 PM
Solutions:
1. Craft ghost touch gloves
2. level up for antimagic field or planer ally
3. Get a higher level caster to do it for you
4. banishment and hope your DM does something special
5. Learn abyssal and cast summons lesser/greater demon to relay a message to its higher-ups. Then one of your party members wheels and deals with them. Possible warlock pact.