PDA

View Full Version : Fighter/Ranger archer build

duhast123
2018-02-07, 10:20 PM
One of my favorite past times is making D&D builds, I don't really like to play with overpower characters, but I love building them! lol

Im kinda new to D&D 5e, and I would like to share this archer that I build to get some feedback from you guys!

The main focus of this Build is dealing high nova damage, but still, it has some cool tricks after the first round.

Im using the Standard Stats, to make it more simple.

Race: human variant (+1 to dex, +1 to wis)

lvls: Ranger 5 Gloom stalker/fighter battle master 3

items: +1 longbow

At lvl 4 i decided to pick +2 to dex instead of a feat, thats gonna increase or damage, or ac and skills, but most important, or bonus to damage, since were gonna make alot of attacks, and use sharpshooter on each one that is going to be important

Combat Styles: Archery, close quarter shooter (UA)

the combat strategy would be to use action surge on the first turn, mostly because with extra attack from the lvl 5 in ranger, and the extra attack from the gloom stalker on or first turn, were gonna be making 6 attacks,

Before the combat starts cast hail of thorns as a lvl 2 spell (2d10 damage on the next hit)

or bonus to each attack is +11 (4 dex 3 prof 1 longbow 2 archery 1 close quarter shooter), using sharpshooter is +6 on every shot, not bad, with advantage and bless, or chances of hitting all the 6 arrows is Pretty big.

Considering we hit every strike, using hunters mark and or all superiority dice on the damage, is going to be like this

12d8 ( 6d8 from the arrows, 4d8 from sup dice, 2d8 from gloom stalker) 2d10 (hail of thorns lvl 2) 5d6 (hunters mark) +90 (sharpshooter +10, dex +4, longbow +1, 15x6=90)

12d8+2d10+5d6+90

max damage: 236

Average damage: 163

so... with a max of 236 and an average of 163, would that be a good nova damage build?

( Sorry for my english, im Brazilian)

Fidlr
2018-02-07, 10:42 PM
Hail of thorns, hunters mark (edit) and bless are both concentration spells

duhast123
2018-02-07, 10:48 PM
Hail of thorns and bless are both concentration spells

i dind't say that i was casting both, thats something for the groups cleric

Fidlr
2018-02-07, 10:53 PM

It's the same with Hailing thorns and hunters mark.

duhast123
2018-02-07, 10:54 PM

in case theres no cleric in the group, a bard can do a better job with inspiration, or a paladin

duhast123
2018-02-07, 10:55 PM
It's the same with Hailing thorns and hunters mark.

i cast hail of thorns before the combat, after the attack is made, i use my bonus action to cast hunters mark
not concentrating in both at the same time