PDA

View Full Version : DM Help First time DMing a 5e party Need an adventure module!

Saaander
2018-02-08, 04:03 AM
Hi guys and galls,

After 10 years of casually playing and dming D&D 3.5 my group and i decided to try D&D 5e. We wanted to start with a nice premade adventure module for newbies.
You guys have any advice on modules to try? We want to start at level 3 max. Preferably level 1.

Thanks for the help!

MrStabby
2018-02-08, 05:57 AM
The starter box has Lost Mines of Phandelver - a great starter adventure and sufficiently open that you can add in your own content as you grow in confidence.

Levels 1 and 2 can be a bit risky, depending on party size and composition. Lucky hits can take down a PC so for a gentle start you might want to hand out a couple of banadages if only to act as a reminder.

Saaander
2018-02-08, 09:05 AM
Thanks I'll give that module a go!

Ivor_The_Mad
2018-02-08, 09:19 AM
Hi guys and galls,

After 10 years of casually playing and dming D&D 3.5 my group and i decided to try D&D 5e. We wanted to start with a nice premade adventure module for newbies.
You guys have any advice on modules to try? We want to start at level 3 max. Preferably level 1.

Thanks for the help!

I am bias but I would say Storm Kings Thunder. It is a very fun campaign and its not to hard. It also gives you a good sense of the land because it takes place on a good portion of Sword Coast. The two main reasons I like it is one its relatively open world adventure and you are not tied to one set path and two it has a sense of mystery and you have to follow clues to find the source of the trouble. It is designed to start at either 1st or 5th and I would definitely advise it. It is also a land mark dingeon so the characters will level up at different points instead of when they get enough xp.