PDA

View Full Version : [dnd 3.5] Help me build a swordmaster

Costantine10
2018-02-08, 01:21 PM
It's like 10 years i don't play DnD 3.5
Now i'm back, we are level 2, we have for stats: 18 16 14 12 10 8.
We can use all the books, and i want to play a binder/warblade.
The problem is that DM says we can't multiclass easy in the game so i must start warblade 1 - binder 1 and then go binder and go back to warblade.
Have you anny suggestion for feats? I want to play the front liner (i like the idea of the binder for his fluff and utility outside of the combat).

Jiece18
2018-02-08, 02:41 PM
The problem is that DM says we can't multiclass easy in the game so i must start warblade 1 - binder 1 and then go binder and go back to warblade.
Have you anny suggestion for feats? I want to play the front liner (i like the idea of the binder for his fluff and utility outside of the combat).

Honestly, I would edge more just going pure warblade or multi-classing with a more martial build. The warblade can dominate the frontline with the right build.

Telonius
2018-02-08, 02:51 PM
Requiring the person to alternate levels is pretty harsh; I don't think I've ever seen anyone use a houserule that stringent (and counter-productive, since it will hurt melee more than casters). Are you sure the DM doesn't just mean that he'll enforce multiclass XP penalties? If so you can just be a Human and designate one of the two classes as your favored class.

If you are limited to alternating levels, I'd suggest Weapon Focus, so you can qualify for Knight of the Sacred Seal. You will definitely want Power Attack and Improved Binding. Adaptive Style from Tome of Battle is another nice possibility.

So, something like:
1 Warblade 1 Power Attack
2 Binder 1
3 Warblade 2 Weapon Focus
4 Binder 2
5 Warblade 3
6 Knight of the Sacred Seal 1 Improved Binding
7 KoSS 2
8 KoSS 3
9 KoSS 4 Adaptive Style
10 KoSS 5
11 Binder 3
12 Warblade 4 Improved Bull Rush
13 Binder 4
14 Warblade 5 Combat Reflexes (bonus from Warblade)
15 Binder 5 Shock Trooper
16 Warblade 6
17 Binder 6
18 Warblade 7 Leap Attack
19 Binder 7
20 Warblade 8

DMVerdandi
2018-02-09, 10:48 AM

Honestly, you can bind without taking a level in binder.
Bind Vestige, Improved Bind Vestige , and Improved Binding are the feats you need.

Eventually, it's a good idea to pick up exotic weapon mastery:XX, so that you can use all weapons with the retraining.

Now, you don't have to deal with the shenanigans of multi classing under weird house rules.

Mike Miller
2018-02-09, 08:15 PM
Warblade 20 is a perfectly usable build. No need to multiclass at all, really.