PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know what race iggwilv is?

Dieuoffire
2018-02-08, 06:02 PM
title says it all

Scots Dragon
2018-02-08, 06:06 PM
She's human originally, probably of Slavic heritage given that there are implications that she's literally from Russia and her original name was apparently 'Natasha'.

Dieuoffire
2018-02-08, 06:17 PM
I thought so, But how did she get to be immortal?

I don't think epic makes you immortal on its own but I cant figure out what she did.

Scots Dragon
2018-02-08, 06:25 PM

I don't think epic makes you immortal on its own but I cant figure out what she did.

Back in the Days of Yore™ when D&D was Advanced there were magic items called potions of longevity that could extend someone's lifespan to a considerable degree, and it's entirely possible that Iggwilv used similar methods. She doesn't need to be explicitly immortal, merely a few centuries old; chances are she's just extended her lifespan somewhat through various methods.

thorr-kan
2018-02-08, 06:27 PM
potions of longevity with their drawbacks
elixir of youth without the drawbacks
several 2ED spells that grant immortality
DM fiat

flappeercraft
2018-02-08, 06:31 PM
I believe there was a potion or elixir artifact in Maure Castle adventure module that did that. Maybe she found anothe rpotion like that?

Thurbane
2018-02-08, 06:32 PM
I thought she had stats in "Iggwilv’s Legacy:The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" (which was free online at the WotC website at one point), but apparently not.

I thought there were stats for her in the Epic Level handbook or Living Greyhawk Gazetteer, but I'm not finding any.

A simulacrum of her appears in EttRoG, which is a Human.

Dungeon # 149 has stats for Iggwilv as Human Wizard 26/Archmage 4.

Inevitability
2018-02-09, 02:34 AM
D&D also has various evil spells that can extend someone's life, as well as an Epic feat that does so and can be taken multiple times.

martixy
2018-02-09, 02:46 AM

There's a handbook for it, because of course there is!
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=1179.0