PDA

View Full Version : HeroTracker: Tech Support for All Your Evil Needs!

Palanan
2018-02-08, 08:53 PM
One of my favorite concepts from the old JLA, way back when, was a call center for criminals and supervillains, which they could dial into to ask questions about Batman, the Justice League and other heroes. (“No, Batman can’t actually fly, but he does swing on a rope….”) It was a clearinghouse for information to help villains plan their heists and prepare for any interference from those pesky heroic types.

So, how would you implement this concept for a typical D&D world? I’m thinking of an organization that keeps tabs on adventurers, gathering information and selling it to whoever’s interested. How would they operate? What techniques would they use? Would they send adventurers on dummy missions, just to assess their abilities? And how would they avoid being hunted down by the very people whose information they’re selling?

flappeercraft
2018-02-08, 09:20 PM
So, how would you implement this concept for a typical D&D world? I’m thinking of an organization that keeps tabs on adventurers, gathering information and selling it to whoever’s interested. How would they operate? What techniques would they use? Would they send adventurers on dummy missions, just to assess their abilities? And how would they avoid being hunted down by the very people whose information they’re selling?

Divinations and contracts to track abilities as you stated. Also gathering information from those who have faced them. They would be out in the open and sell but for a price, of course you can pay for yourself to stop them from having anyone else pay for information but if the buyer pays more than you invested then they do give out information and no devolution in such a case or maybe a part of the money but definitely not all. Speak with dead would definitely be used to talk to the kills of those you havbe to gathe information from or the occasional spy. Yes and no, they would pay adventurers to gather information on other adventurers and as such kill 2 parties with one coin. They avoid being hunted down by knowing the weaknesses of anyone who would want to target them and leaking them should they ever threaten them and also by the fact that they help all sides and as such never get targetted by tanyone since they are a useful asset to all.