PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Divine Soul Sorcerer; Dread Necromancer Build

Asmotherion
2018-02-09, 01:25 AM
With Divine Soul Sorcerer's access to the Cleric spell list, he also gets access to some key Necromancer build spells the Sorcerer normally does not have access to. Namelly:

Lv1:
Inflict Wounds.
Lv 3:
Create Undead, Bestow Curse, Vampiric Touch.

Coupling that with the Hexblade's Curse, Hex, and Danse Macabre at higher levels, it gives a very potent Necromancer build, that is entirelly Charisma Based, Versalite in both melee and ranged combat (thanks to Eldritch Blast, Pact Weapon, Inflict Wounds/Vampiric Touch being able to be cast as a 30 foot range spell attack and Skeletons/Zombies), and packs a lot of Necrotic damage wich is thematic for the Build thanks to Hex/Bestow Curse. Once you get 5th level spell slots, you can even Stack Bestow Curse, Hex and Hexblade's Curse (usually on a Boss Fight) for maximum damage output.

This is a quick thing I put together once the realisation hit me, not a complete build guide. In any case, I'd like to hear your comments.

PS: I am mostly excited about the synergy those spells have with each other as well as with Metamagic; Vampiric Touch, wile having a range of Self, would be a decent target for "Distant Spell" in a non-strict RAW game/RAF game. Bestow Curse synergising with Hex in a Build is the kind of "Nova Damage option" I wanted on a character for a long time, but mechanics were not very helpful. Finally, a hoard of lesser undead and some of them more powerful, for a smaller duration is more-or-less how a properly balanced necromancer Build should feel like IMO. I love the option of getting away of the "Wizard Necromancer" build for something more original and more... well Dread.