PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Lead Dome

Bucky
2018-02-09, 11:58 AM
I would like to have a shell of invisible and incorporeal lead around me wherever I go. The payoff is that it blocks divinations in a way that doesn't completely fail to a simple dispel; the dispel would make it ordinary lead that still blocks divinations. As a bonus, it messes with enemies that see invisible.

Is there a combination of effects that would implement this?

Zaq
2018-02-09, 01:11 PM
Wouldn’t it block line of effect from you to anything else? How do you intend to interact with the world from inside your lead hamster ball?

If we get stupid with RAW, Invisible Spell with a [Creation] Spell can arguably make invisible metals (I forget if there are any [Creation] effects that make lead with an Instantaneous duration), which one could theoretically shape into a dome or a ball. Carrying it and interacting with the world from inside it is another matter.

EDIT: Missed the incorporeal bit. No idea how to accomplish that.

flappeercraft
2018-02-09, 01:13 PM
Lead Dome + Animate Objects + Permanency + Invisibility + Permanency. As for the etherealness I would say just plane shift to the ethereal plane with that dome, now cast Rary's Interplanar Telepathic Bond (PH or MotP IIRC) and cast Permanency on that, with that telepathic bond you tell where the dome has to go. The problem would be that you coukd not really teleport

Goaty14
2018-02-09, 02:48 PM
Lead Dome + Animate Objects + Permanency + Invisibility + Permanency. As for the etherealness I would say just plane shift to the ethereal plane with that dome, now cast Rary's Interplanar Telepathic Bond (PH or MotP IIRC) and cast Permanency on that, with that telepathic bond you tell where the dome has to go. The problem would be that you coukd not really teleport

You'd have to cast invisibility (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/invisibility.htm) on the dome while it's still an object, otherwise you wouldn't be able to permanency the invisibility. Also, aren't ethereal beings invisible by default?

flappeercraft
2018-02-09, 02:54 PM
You'd have to cast invisibility (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/invisibility.htm) on the dome while it's still an object, otherwise you wouldn't be able to permanency the invisibility. Also, aren't ethereal beings invisible by default?

Ah yes you got me on the order you would be right about that. On tge ethereal being invisible, youbare correct, I meant to put Invisible spell Invisibility so that if you have True Seeing the dome doesn't bother you.

icefractal
2018-02-09, 06:03 PM
Ethereal != Incorporeal, and it's not clear that a lead sphere on the ethereal plane would count as surrounding you to block divinations, being on a separate plane and all,

However, if you can get the assistance of a ghost big enough to carry it, you can shift it from ethereal to incorporeal.

Seems like this would have a 50% chance to block both ongoing and ingoing spells though. And would possibly block people with magic weapons or Mage Armor from going through.