PDA

View Full Version : Warlock questions

ZhanStrider
2018-02-09, 01:25 PM
Hey all. For warlock invocations, is the level requirement a CHARACTER level requirement or a CLASS level requirement?

Also, I heard there was a Warlock Invocation that gave flight? Is that the case? If so what is it called?

Sigreid
2018-02-09, 01:28 PM
Hey all. For warlock invocations, is the level requirement a CHARACTER level requirement or a CLASS level requirement?

Also, I heard there was a Warlock Invocation that gave flight? Is that the case? If so what is it called?

Invocations are by warlock level.

The closest I can recall an invocation coming to flight is the levitation one.

Millstone85
2018-02-09, 01:30 PM
Hey all. For warlock invocations, is the level requirement a CHARACTER level requirement or a CLASS level requirement?It is a CLASS level requirement, as per the errata and later printings of the PHB.

Also, I heard there was a Warlock Invocation that gave flight? Is that the case? If so what is it called?Ascendant Step, sort of?

Vogie
2018-02-09, 02:23 PM
Invocations are by warlock level, but cantrips scale with Character Level.

So if you're Warlock 3 / Sorcerer 2, your Fire Bolt Cantrip would be 2d10 damage and your Eldritch Blast would generate 2 beams.

pdegan2814
2018-02-09, 05:18 PM
Class abilities are based on your level in that class unless stated otherwise.

Easy_Lee
2018-02-09, 05:25 PM
If it were character level, you'd see a lot more silly builds like hexblade 1 - fighter 11 - hexblade (blade) 3 + PaM. Common consensus is class level. I believe this was errata'd.

There's an invocation for levitate but not fly.

RedMage125
2018-02-09, 11:19 PM

The 3.5e warlock had that. A 3.5e warlock of 8th level could fly at will. That invocation was taken by almost every warlock build ever.