PDA

View Full Version : I dont think i understand githyanki

Pikashell
2018-02-09, 04:06 PM
Ok so my party wants me to use some more challenging monsters for them. A monster I noticed the githyanki and the idea seemed fun for the elite leutenats of the enemy. And so I wondered how powerfull are the githyanki's telekenetic abilities. Could they control the low hp party member if they are trained in their "mental arts"? Or could they control a whole army of low cr monsters? Also would they rebell against the guy who gives them orders? If yes I feel it can make a really interesting new adventure.

Unoriginal
2018-02-09, 04:16 PM
Ok so my party wants me to use some more challenging monsters for them. A monster I noticed the githyanki and the idea seemed fun for the elite leutenats of the enemy. And so I wondered how powerfull are the githyanki's telekenetic abilities. Could they control the low hp party member if they are trained in their "mental arts"? Or could they control a whole army of low cr monsters? Also would they rebell against the guy who gives them orders? If yes I feel it can make a really interesting new adventure.

Errr, what do you mean?

Telekinesis doesn't make you control anyone.

Githyanki have no capacity to mind-control anyone. And they're generally not the kind to let their slaves fight alongside them.

Pikashell
2018-02-09, 04:19 PM
So what does it do? I mean thats what i made this post for I dont quite understand them. What does their telekenisis do?

Sigreid
2018-02-09, 04:22 PM
So what does it do? I mean thats what i made this post for I dont quite understand them. What does their telekenisis do?

Let's them pick things up and move them around with their mind as if the had reached out with their arm and grabbed them.

Millstone85
2018-02-09, 04:24 PM
Are we talking talking about the githyanki knight's 1/day telekinesis?

That's the telekinesis spell.

Pikashell
2018-02-09, 04:31 PM
So the force is strong with these guys

Anonymouswizard
2018-02-09, 05:01 PM
Yeah, telekinesis is a way to move objects at a distance, meaning roughly 'distance movement'. Pyrokinesis would be 'fire movement', and so on. For extra fun telepathy roughly means 'distance communication'. You could make a fun argument for mind control being 'psychokinesis', but it's used as an alternative to telekinesis and a term for all the -kinesis powers, so that won't fly.

Note my knowledge of ancient languages is very bad, this is all rough and some bits could be wrong.