PDA

View Full Version : Strongholds & Followers Kickstarter from MC

Davrix
2018-02-09, 05:54 PM
Been waiting for this for a long time ever sense he mentioned it in one of his youtbue videos.

The kick-starter just went live today and its already smashing through goals and yea just everything about this add on to 5th sounds amazing to me.

Not sure if your allowed to post a link or not so I will simply say google it up its like the first return on the page :)

TrinculoLives
2018-02-09, 06:11 PM
I don't understand the fervour for this product that is apparent in the rush of funding. Strongholds and Followers? Has anyone who's started playing with 5th edition even seen either of those concepts in play? Perhaps that is why it's being funded so quickly: it sounds like something exciting and its from a big name.

Followers make adventuring wonky, at least in this edition. And Strongholds already have good homebrew support from the community.

Well whatever, maybe it's a good product and is just satisfying a niche in the market.

Davrix
2018-02-09, 06:17 PM
I don't understand the fervour for this product that is apparent in the rush of funding. Strongholds and Followers? Has anyone who's started playing with 5th edition even seen either of those concepts in play? Perhaps that is why it's being funded so quickly: it sounds like something exciting and its from a big name.

Followers make adventuring wonky, at least in this edition. And Strongholds already have good homebrew support from the community.

Well whatever, maybe it's a good product and is just satisfying a niche in the market.

I believe the followers are tied to the stronghold and do not actually go out with you on quests. Its more a sub system to send them out on small missions to gather Intel, resources or small rewards in building up the stronghold. And the home-brew rules are nice but yea know what I like the idea of having a book with art and some strong names behind it. It will def be seeing some play at my table.

mephnick
2018-02-09, 07:00 PM
I don't understand the fervour for this product that is apparent in the rush of funding. Strongholds and Followers? Has anyone who's started playing with 5th edition even seen either of those concepts in play?

I mean..strongholds and followers has been a thing in the game for decades. It used to be the goal at the end of all the adventuring. I know hirelings, strongholds and old school play has died since everyone decided their characters super important personal storytm was the important thing in RPGs, but it's still quite relevant to lots of tables I think.

I mainly funded the book because I've been following Matt for a long time and figured the dude deserved to work for himself...which the insane pace of this kickstarter seems to be heading towards. I think a lot of people may just be funding because they like the guy, honestly.

Emay Ecks
2018-02-09, 07:07 PM
I've enjoyed all of Colville's videos and better stronghold rules is something I'm excited to see in 5e. I'm also excited for the bonus content with crystalline dragons, new magic items, and more. I really want to go for that physical copy but $12 shipping just seems like a bit much...

Davrix
2018-02-09, 07:18 PM
I've enjoyed all of Colville's videos and better stronghold rules is something I'm excited to see in 5e. I'm also excited for the bonus content with crystalline dragons, new magic items, and more. I really want to go for that physical copy but $12 shipping just seems like a bit much...

i saw that im not sure what the pricing behind that choice is but I don't think he's trying to gauge us it must have something to do with whatever the quote he was given from the printer. It may go down with so many books being ordered now but who knows.

Beelzebubba
2018-02-09, 08:45 PM

Live in Europe, it's double shipping. *sigh*

Unoriginal
2018-02-09, 10:02 PM
Is Colville the one who made that "hey, 5e monsters are boring, look at 4e" video (which was incredibly terrible, if I might add) and that video on goblinoids where he declared he didn't think/see that Bugbears were stealthy?

Kane0
2018-02-09, 11:57 PM
Any mass combat rules to to with those places and people?

Davrix
2018-02-10, 12:10 AM
Any mass combat rules to to with those places and people?

I know he has some for 4th and has been working on them for 5th but I think that's a another project over this one. But I could be wrong.