PDA

View Full Version : IC: Claremont Academy

Robosonic
2018-02-09, 07:59 PM
The Amazing First Issue: Claremont Academy-Heroes Week

East of Southside, is Bayview, in Freedom City this is where you will some of the most expensive properties, the good neighborhood so to say. Still tho, your trip isn't quite over yet, going through the hills, woods everywhere as far as you can see.

After a little drive, emerging from the woods, you can finally see the entrance of the Academy. On the wall next to the entrance, the plaque says "The Claremont Academy for the Gifted, Sciencia Potentia Est."

It doesn't take long to see some students gathered in the main quad, some apparently reconnecting with old friends. The Main quad is surrounded by the six buildings of the Academy, the place look like a five star hotel, all around you and even has this turn of the century look that you have seen in movies or read about in novels about the 19th century.

Some students, don't appear too shy to show their powers, with some people flying, some looking like they are some aliens of some kind with their unusual skin color, blue, purple, or different limbs and appendages. Today tho, you did receive an email that it was Hero Week.

And the festivities would begin later in the afternoon.

Standing out from the main quad, you see other students like you.

dreamking
2018-02-09, 09:15 PM
Arcane Punk

"Alright, you sure you packed everything?" An older woman spoke in a British accent to the tall kid in the bomber jacket, "All your clothes? Your guitar? Clean unde-"

"Come off it, mum!!" Oliver says, pulling away from his mother. He brushes off his bomber jacket as he picks up his bags and starts walking off, "I'm just a bloody drive away,
don't loose yer head about it."

The kid started to walk away, but stopped some distance and looked back at his mother. He sighed and suddenly vanished in a whiff of smoke. A second later, Oliver is back in front of his mom, giving her a big hug.

"Love ya, mum. Don't worry too hard about me, 'right?" He gives her a quick kiss on the cheek and in a second he is back with his bags, giving her another wave before running off for the quad.

Nintendogeek01
2018-02-09, 10:03 PM
Earlier in the day two cars pulled up to the gate where students typically unloaded luggage to be taken to the dorms. Out of the first car stepped a man with neatly cropped black hair and a pair of powerful blue eyes, he was dressed in business casual and even a short glance at his stride projected outward confidence; this image strikes a rather amusing contrast with the clear struggle he was having unloading some suitcases from the trunk of his car.

Out of the other car stepped a blonde-haired and blue-eyed teenage girl dressed in the latest in casual teen fashion. She walks with a natural strut to the trunk of her own car, and effortlessly lifts the luggage in it out before going over to the other car, "Really daddy, I've got this," she tells him while lifting out the remaining luggage with no effort.

"Hey, the least I can do for my rising star is unload a bit of her luggage before I send her off again," her father replies with a smile.

"You could carry my purse," she suggests rather casually, earning a hearty laugh from her father.

"Now..." as he goes to the front seat of her car to retrieve her purse, he begins talking, "You're all signed up for acting classes?"

"Yes."

"Remember to check your phone for your photoshoot schedule after each period, don't get it confiscated!"

"Yes..."

"And most importantly Christie, if you ever have to leave campus, be sure that..."

"No powers, I know," Christie replies whilst rolling her eyes just before turning to face her father, dear old Kent Carson.

"I could hear you roll your eyes," Kent said half-jokingly, "You gotta long career ahead of you Christie, as long as you don't sink it before it starts."

"Relax. The only problem I see this year is being stuck with 'her' again," Christie says dismissively.

"Heh well don't worry. Walk your walk, talk your talk, and you'll..."

"Make the whole world my oyster," Christie finishes for him. She fought the urge to roll her eyes, as dated as that expression is, it was always her and her dad's way of reaffirming that she can be as fabulous as she makes herself, and it did make her feel even more powerful.

"That's my girl," Kent gave her a hug, "I'm gonna go park your car, I'll meet you back here to hand off your keys alright?"

"Alright daddy," Christie replies. As Kent drives off Christie is quick to fly her luggage to the dorm. Veronica was probably going to complain about all the new clothes crowding up the room, and maybe some pompous lecture about there being nothing wrong with her old clothes, but come on; those are so last season.

Thankfully it seemed she was the first one to the dorm room this time and was able to move the suitcases in without the earful. Soon after Christie met back up with Kent, got her keys, gave him one last goodbye, and then flew off to the main quad. Once over it Christie drifted down into the crowd, and landed in a perfect stride to strut confidently among the masses; the mingling had begun.

Rhyvurg
2018-02-09, 11:21 PM
John approaches the academy on foot, having walked from the small motel room his absentee parents had arranged near Jameson Airport. The walk has taken a few hours, he wasn't used to navigating in a modern city, but Liberty Park had been nice. He'd chosen to follow the river to Pramas Bridge and cross there, only being stopped by police twice who thought he was a vagrant of some kind. He explained he was on his way to Claremont Academy, but they told him he didn't look like a student until he showed them his letter of acceptance and the state ID he'd gotten only a week before. Arriving, he really did look like he didn't belong. Jeans with holes in the knees, battered white sneakers, a faded t-shirt and beige windbreaker over that, carrying a grey canvas duffel bag with his meager possessions.

He stops outside the school, watching other students arrive. Some of them were clearly not human, and others were being rather extravagant with their abilities. He hoped such displays were not the norm here, it would make focusing on his lessons difficult. Walking to where the students seemed to be gathering, he tries to get someone's attention to find where he should be going to let the faculty know he was here, or maybe find someone who worked here who could tell him where the offices were.

RickAllison
2018-02-10, 03:23 AM
Familiar

Waking up in his cozy little nook early in the morning, the cat on campus makes his traditional series of jumps over to the Big Apple, to a local fishwife who always tucks away some morsels for him that are too small to sell but just right for a cat. Carrying them back in a wrapped bundle, he takes up a position where he can see and be seen by the new arrivals, but not have to dodge foot traffic. He happily accepts scratches from the arrivals, and generally gives the impression of being an ordinary cat.

Metahuman1
2018-02-10, 05:38 AM
Transmuto

Will had said his goodbye's before heading out. He had his belongings loaded into the Camry his parents had bought him as a gift. It was a beater car, and he knew why. His dads idea, try to 'make' him learn to 'do the work' on the car. And if it went to his dads plan doubtless he'd gain a foot of height and a hundred fifty pounds of mostly muscle in the process, and get smooth with girls and attractive in the process.

Well, joke was on him, he could just look up the stupid manual online if he had too and use some transmutation to fix the thing when it needed it. Nothing like turning all the bad stuff in the air filter to air to skip on the need to change them and that sort of thing.

In fact he found a little nook just off the main drag before he got to Claremont, and took the time to make a small adjustment. Giving the car a fresh coating of nice, tasteful, new, silver paint, buy turning the old paint and the dirt built up onto the car into said new clean pain job.

Pulling up was, not overly eventful, though he did do a bit of a double take at the one guy walking in who looked like a bum or something. He did far more of a double take at the rather pretty looking blond girl whom was carting about more then his body weight in luggage like it was air. For a split second he had a thought of a teenage fancy before reality clicked back in and reminded him that a girl like that wouldn't even give him the time of day, and it was probably better he not make a fool of himself asking her for more than that.

So, with that in mind, he parked, and got his belongings, which he'd jury rigged a charm for on the 1 luggage bag. It was bigger on the inside, and the weight was eliminated. But only till he opened it again. That had taken a bit of doing, but if it got him to his dorm, it would be worth it.

He was himself an unassuming figure, cargo jeans, A T-shirt with a somewhat detailed mythical Phoenix writhed in flames on it, sneakers, couple of rings of a not seemingly precious metal with some seemingly painted runes and symbols on them, one on each ring finger. Slightly longish blond hair that was clean and straight and not nearly long enough to do anything stylish with. Blue eyes he was keeping mostly down cast. Rail thin to the point that if he'd been any skinnier one might get the idea that he was actually underfed and not just scrawny by nature, and exceedingly unimposing in his height, standing just shy of five feet tall. In fact, the most notable thing about him physically that could be seen was that he had actually stopped once he'd stepped into were the students were starting there mingling and stood there, staring at no one in particular, but rather, at the whole crowd, his expression going form a little nervous, probably a bit shy, to utterly dumbfounded at the open displays of alien heritage, genetic mutations and yes, of course, out and out super powers.

What in the nine circles of hell have I gotten myself into?! Is this even the right place?! A quick double and triple take at the sign confirmed it, which just left the first question to be puzzled out.

Robosonic
2018-02-10, 05:42 AM
In the main quad, one student is definitely standing out a little more from the crowd. For people who have been attending for awhile, quickly recognize the student dressed to the nine with his little fan club, Sebastian Shield aka Casanova, with some students going out of their ways to get him his lunch and other things. He is handsome, rich and arrogant all rolled into one with mid length dark hair, a light brown skin, dark brown eyes. The kind of combination that brings trouble.

Looking around, John asking around, a mature man in a wheelchair with a khaki vest and his leg covered by a black cloth, appears to be part of the staff strolling by and taking a look at the students. As some students, stop their antics when they see the man coming by the Quad.

"You should strive to use this free time more productively...most of you are definitely not ready for the history lesson."

A little further away from the Quad, beside the staff member, there is also someone wearing what appears to be some kind of a very intricate hazmat suit, a teen girl from what could be glanced under the helmet. The majority of students seem to be avoiding her.

Just giving you a little more things to interact with, I will be able to post later today or tonight.

Metahuman1
2018-02-10, 05:58 AM
Transmuto

Ok.

So, evidently, this wasn't some, special school for like, people with a real knack for academics or for people with more, normal talents.

This was for people from the weird capes and cowls and nightly news and bright colors side of the equation.

This needed answers. Will got a glance of the group hanging around the tall, buff guy. And got the bright idea of try and keep a very, very, very healthy distance between them and himself. That was trouble, and if he was right, that was super powered trouble. Last time he'd had any of that buildings got leveled and he got two super power fights. Which ended in the first two super powered beat downs on his life, and he'd hoped the last. So he scooted along, more then a fair distance from the obvious big man on campus, passing and taking a second to give a quick, friendly if anxious stroke to a stray cat as he did. He liked animals, and hey, sure, why not have there be random animals on a campus this now seemingly crazy.

He did, however, work his way over to the guy in the wheelchair, whom was obviously teaching staff, having slid the acceptance letter out of his cargo pocket on the way.

"Um, pardon me, is there someone here form administrations I could talk too? I, think there may have been some kind of mix-up, or, something of the sort?"

Robosonic
2018-02-10, 06:17 AM
"Students are usually not that...colorful. But well, it's Hero Week. Many of them are looking forward to the activities. You can inquire with the secretary. You see the corridor on the right of the main entrance? You'll find the office at the opposite of the school lockers. Welcome m. Mason, hope you'll enjoy your stay."

Time to sleep, got some stuffs to do in the morning, will be back later today/tonight.

Metahuman1
2018-02-10, 07:51 AM
"Right, thanks, I'll, um, see about that."

If anyone involved is sane my stay is going to be altogether to short to either enjoy, or, more importantly, to give me the chance to create another super villain or something.

With that, he moved to try and make relatively swift way toward the aforementioned office and corridor, while keeping as much distance as he could manage between him and the obviously well established alpha male.

Nintendogeek01
2018-02-10, 10:57 AM
Christie could hear much of the chatter going on, unlike her time before Claremont though Christie had long learned to focus on what she wants to hear. Christie did take notice of a few things during her mingling, first and foremost was that Casanova was back this year. She's popular, he's popular, of course they hung out and chatted last year; privately though even Christie had to admit to herself she was wary around him; he seemed to get what he wanted with even more ease than her and she's certain it has to do with some super-power on his part. Could he have even used on her without her noticing? That question made her more nervous than she'd ever show; still he's right over there and it'd be so rude not to say hi, it'd also be gauche to make a beeline for him so it was a matter of navigating her way over there as she mingled.

The second thing she noticed was Veronica among the crowd, avoid her for now. The third thing of course was Mr. Marquez. Bah... of course she's ready for superhero history. I mean, there's that thing with the Centurion and... and... huh. Oh well, there's time later. Right now though she finishes her approach to more important things...

"Hey Cas."

RickAllison
2018-02-10, 02:00 PM
Familiar looks over the arrivals and notices a few interesting people, but he in particular notices a student who bolted to the faculty and was headed into the building. Telepathically, he greets the professor, Hey, Prof, should I greet the new guy? He seems a little reticent to be here and maybe it would help to meet some students in normal life. he teleports back to his nook, drops his basket, and teleports back to the professor. He looks up at the teacher and raises his paw as if to follow the student.

Rhyvurg
2018-02-10, 03:36 PM
John, overhearing the man in the wheelchair, heads to the administration building and checks in, making sure they knew who he was and that he got his room assignment. That was the last thing his 'parents' had told him he should be sure to do, so now...he was aimless. Returning to the quad, he looks around at the other students. If he was going to be living among them for the next few years, he might as well speak to them. He passes a small cat and pauses to scratch it behind the ears, and approaches a small, very slightly built boy his age. "Hello, my name is John, I am a new student here." He bows slightly.

Robosonic
2018-02-10, 06:20 PM
"Yeah, he probably could use a little help getting eased in." Mr. Gabriel Marquez as recognized by a couple of students is mostly famous around campus for being a good teacher and also able to nullify student powers.

Meanwhile in the Qad, Casanova turns over his head from his fanclub for a moment, noticing Christie.

"Hey Christie, did anything fun during the break?" with his usual smug look.

A secretary is at the window, near John and Will, busy with another student at the moment.

dreamking
2018-02-10, 07:32 PM
Oliver watches the crowd as he looks around, still lugging his suitcase and guitar case in his hands. The girl in the hazmat suit seemed interesting, he probably would have went over to talk to her, maybe find out why everyone was giving her such a wide berth. But then he caught sight of Cassanova. The big man on campus, and Oliver _hated_ him. He was sure the pompous jerk hadn't done a day of work in his entire tenure at Claremont Academy, which would be fine if he wasn't so goddamn successful. Needless to say, the two did not get along last semster.

No, Hazmat Girl would have to wait.

Oliver put his luggage near the tree then sauntered by the group with Cassanova as a girl handed him his textbooks for the year, "Oi, Cassie!!!" He yelled across the chatter of students, a smug look on his face, "Ya gonna get someone to turn the pages, too? Don't want those delicate rich boy hands to get a papercut!!"

Nintendogeek01
2018-02-10, 07:58 PM
"Hey Christie, did anything fun during the break?" with his usual smug look.
"Well if anything was fun it would have to be that short trip to Paris..."

Oliver put his luggage near the tree then sauntered by the group with Cassanova as a girl handed him his textbooks for the year, "Oi, Cassie!!!" He yelled across the chatter of students, a smug look on his face, "Ya gonna get someone to turn the pages, too? Don't want those delicate rich boy hands to get a papercut!!"
Though before Christie could spill any of the juicy details that punk rock wannabe from last year butted in, "Uh... excuse you, we are having a conversation."

Bless you Dreamking, spared me having to pull something completely out of my ass. I'm content to leave "what I did last summer" unexplored for now. :smalltongue:

Metahuman1
2018-02-10, 08:16 PM
John, overhearing the man in the wheelchair, heads to the administration building and checks in, making sure they knew who he was and that he got his room assignment. That was the last thing his 'parents' had told him he should be sure to do, so now...he was aimless. Returning to the quad, he looks around at the other students. If he was going to be living among them for the next few years, he might as well speak to them. He passes a small cat and pauses to scratch it behind the ears, and approaches a small, very slightly built boy his age. "Hello, my name is John, I am a new student here." He bows slightly.

"Hi, I'm will, and right now all evidence suggests I'm the victim of a practical joke, so I sorta need to get that taken care of. Don't mind me, please." He says to the other boy, currently still somewhat rattled.

Rhyvurg
2018-02-10, 08:44 PM
John takes a step back, not wanting to agitate someone already having difficulties.

Metahuman1
2018-02-10, 08:47 PM
He nots the step back, and takes a breath, trying to steady his nerves.

"That, came out harsher then I'd meant for it too. Sorry, just, got a thing on my plate right this moment is all. Didn't mean to make an ass of myself."

RickAllison
2018-02-10, 10:26 PM
John and Will hear a smooth, Frank Sinatra-like voice in their heads, saying That's better. Besides, you may find that the students here are much more collected outside this week. I know that most of the time, the campus appears rather ordinary. I could give you a tour, if you would like! A black cat hops up onto a counter near the pair and looks at Will.

Rhyvurg
2018-02-10, 11:23 PM
He nots the step back, and takes a breath, trying to steady his nerves.

"That, came out harsher then I'd meant for it too. Sorry, just, got a thing on my plate right this moment is all. Didn't mean to make an ass of myself."

"There is no need to apologize, I was intruding..."

John and Will hear a smooth, Frank Sinatra-like voice in their heads, saying That's better. Besides, you may find that the students here are much more collected outside this week. I know that most of the time, the campus appears rather ordinary. I could give you a tour, if you would like! A black cat hops up onto a counter near the pair and looks at Will.

He pauses, looking at the cat. Was he hearing things? Or, was it in his head?

Metahuman1
2018-02-10, 11:23 PM
Will spent a good minute looking around, petting the cat idol hand.

"Darndest thing, thought I heard someone talking to me. Ah, probably just a conversation down the hall or something." He mentions to Johns general direction.

"Either that or I've finally lost my grip on reality. God, please, if I've lost my grip on reality do not let me be in a delusion while in the real world I'm hurting people."

Rhyvurg
2018-02-10, 11:32 PM
"Perhaps. If I may ask, what is your style? I have seen many here I do not know, it is surprising and...refreshing. I did not expect America to have so much variety, I was told this country favors mostly simple karate taught to children."

Metahuman1
2018-02-10, 11:53 PM
"I, don't think I'm following your question. What do you mean lots of styles? I mean, I've seen places around advertising different martial arts forms. Never really had a knack for it." He had a moment, recalling the various and sundry times his dad had had old buddies on the force try and tech him how to defend himself. Boxing. About a berjillion variants on Karate or Tae Kwon Do, Akido, Ju-Jitsu, Judo, Brazilian Ju-Jitsu, couple of different forms of kickboxing form different country's, couple of different kinds of kung fu, Krav Mega, Jeet Kune Do, Something called Sombo, another thing called Kajukembo, couple of different kinds of wrestling, and this weird stuff called Cappowera one time.

And none of it took. He would work at it for a few weeks, getting regularly pasted, get pasted by a bully or two, and then his mother would demand it stop, or the teachers would go to his dad and tell him his son was too much of a liability to keep trying to teach cause he kept getting spanked like it was going out of fashion. Much to his dads annoyance and shame.

Those were cops though. It made sense a bunch of them ran and lifted weights and swam abit or did calisthenics and spent time learning how to fight bare handed or with batons if they had too. He wasn't, and wasn't going to be one either. And more importantly, as he mentally circled back to now, he didn't really recall seeing any actual martial arts, just people with super powers. There wasn't a style to super powers, was there?

Then again, he did a sort of weird magic, but, maybe magics have a style, but not the rest, right?

Rhyvurg
2018-02-11, 12:22 AM
"Sorry, English is not my first language. I mean the...skill used to do things like fly, like some of those outside. Most impressive to achieve that power so young." He looks Will over. "No single method can be universal, if you have not found what works for you, that does not mean you never will. You are only defeated when you choose to quit."

Metahuman1
2018-02-11, 12:36 AM
"Ok, um, those aren't skills. There super powers. Some of them are technology based. Some of them are magic in origin. And some of them are just flat things people can do because they got exposed to the right thing in the right way at the right time, or they were born with it. There's, no actual skill needed or involved as far as I know." He didn't mention the other though that crossed his mind. That if there was a method for him, he'd likely have found it quite a few busted noses ago.

Also that when he finally thought he might have found SOMETHING to tip things in his favor, it wouldn't have unleashed another super villain on the world.

Rhyvurg
2018-02-11, 12:47 AM
John stared at him, frowning slightly. He wasn't quite sure what this boy was talking about, nothing like this ever happened in China. Everyone he'd ever met that could do things no normal person could, had trained for years to gain that ability. "And you, what do you...do, then?"

Metahuman1
2018-02-11, 12:51 AM
"Based on my track record so far, I seem to have a profound talent for getting in far and away over my head. Oh, and getting the crap kicked out of me, that too." He responds, this time just a tad darkly in his mood and tone.

"Since were on the subject, what do you do?"

Rhyvurg
2018-02-11, 01:15 AM
"Perhaps you should think about why you keep getting drawn into violence, if that is something you want to avoid. I am a monk, from the Shaolin Temple."

Metahuman1
2018-02-11, 01:19 AM
"I'll ponder that one for awhile. Wait, your from what?!"

Rhyvurg
2018-02-11, 01:44 AM
"If you like I can try to help you learn to avoid conflict." He clears his throat. "Sorry, perhaps I misspoke again. I am a monk, from the Shaolin Temple, in China."

Metahuman1
2018-02-11, 03:15 AM
"Sure, can't possibly end any worse then the last thing I tried. And, are you serious? Nix that question, better question, if your from The Shaolin Temple, what are you doing here?" He'd seen people who could fight better with training then people who didn't train. He'd even seen them have better training let them fight better then people with training, but not as much training or not as good a quality of training.

He'd never seen a karate instructor ready to go against someone who could tank gunfire and dead deadlift a pick up truck.

RickAllison
2018-02-11, 03:44 AM
John, if you don't mind then I can show our friend here a little of your past. It won't last but for a little while, but seeing is believing. If John does not seem totally averse to a voice in his head sharing his experiences, Familiar knows that feeling the rush of knowledge would help Will "get" the idea. It is harmless, I assure you. Here, try sampling some of my memories... He offers knowledge gained from years of prowling about alleys and dark houses, a black cat scaring intruders and stealing fish.

Rhyvurg
2018-02-11, 04:35 AM
"Sure, can't possibly end any worse then the last thing I tried. And, are you serious? Nix that question, better question, if your from The Shaolin Temple, what are you doing here?" He'd seen people who could fight better with training then people who didn't train. He'd even seen them have better training let them fight better then people with training, but not as much training or not as good a quality of training.

He'd never seen a karate instructor ready to go against someone who could tank gunfire and dead deadlift a pick up truck.

John hesitates, he didn't really know this young man, perhaps it would be prudent to not reveal too much. "That is a long and complicated story. But, I will try to help you, if you wish."

John, if you don't mind then I can show our friend here a little of your past. It won't last but for a little while, but seeing is believing. If John does not seem totally averse to a voice in his head sharing his experiences, Familiar knows that feeling the rush of knowledge would help Will "get" the idea. It is harmless, I assure you. Here, try sampling some of my memories... He offers knowledge gained from years of prowling about alleys and dark houses, a black cat scaring intruders and stealing fish.

John looks around, confusion cracking his zen exterior. "What is that?"

RickAllison
2018-02-11, 04:59 AM
These are some of my memories, John. If you don't mind, I can share your memories with Will here. By the way, my name is... well I have had several. For now, you might call me Familiar. Pleasure to meet the both of you! With that, the black cat stirs from the counter and extends a paw toward the pair.

Metahuman1
2018-02-11, 08:04 AM
Will had an increasingly bewildered stair as the voice in his head returned.

Voices in his head. There was just no possible way this was a good sign under any circumstances.

And then, then as the cat he'd been petting in idol spurts moved, he began to get the idea, and subsequently get a suitably dumbfounded expression.

"Um, at the risk of sounding as if I need to be taken away by men in white coats with straight jackets, padded vans and tranquilizer, is, that cat, talking to us, in our heads? Wow that sounds crazier out loud and I didn't think that was possible."

Robosonic
2018-02-11, 09:57 AM
From the administration window, a middle-aged woman, with short blond hair and large glasses give the last bit of paperwork to the student at the window.

"Hey there, Welcome to Claremont Academy! A lot of new students this year. I'm Allison Humpries and will help you get started okay? Alright.

First thing first, Claremont Academy is a private school for metahuman, supers and because of it, we have a Non-disclosure agreement. It is quite important to keep the privacy of the students and staff from the public eye.

On top of it, many students due to their origins tend to have enemies from accross the world or universes even...but I don't know all the science behind it. I'm sure one of your teachers will be able to explain to you better.

Claremont is still a school, while learning the ethics of using powers is one of our goal, we strive also in making sure that you have a future after your academic years or at least go to the University of your choice.

So fill these papers and I'll give you a map of the campus, so you can find the dorms.

Any questions?"

I'll do some more posting later today.

Rhyvurg
2018-02-11, 03:01 PM
These are some of my memories, John. If you don't mind, I can share your memories with Will here. By the way, my name is... well I have had several. For now, you might call me Familiar. Pleasure to meet the both of you! With that, the black cat stirs from the counter and extends a paw toward the pair.

John stares at, of all things, a talking cat, dumbfounded.

From the administration window, a middle-aged woman, with short blond hair and large glasses give the last bit of paperwork to the student at the window.

"Hey there, Welcome to Claremont Academy! A lot of new students this year. I'm Allison Humpries and will help you get started okay? Alright.

First thing first, Claremont Academy is a private school for metahuman, supers and because of it, we have a Non-disclosure agreement. It is quite important to keep the privacy of the students and staff from the public eye.

On top of it, many students due to their origins tend to have enemies from accross the world or universes even...but I don't know all the science behind it. I'm sure one of your teachers will be able to explain to you better.

Claremont is still a school, while learning the ethics of using powers is one of our goal, we strive also in making sure that you have a future after your academic years or at least go to the University of your choice.

So fill these papers and I'll give you a map of the campus, so you can find the dorms.

Any questions?"

Relieved for a distraction, John takes the papers and taken a pen to fill them out, so distracted he writes in Chinese hanzi.

Metahuman1
2018-02-11, 11:16 PM

Any questions?"

"Hi, um, yeah, I think there's been, I don't know a mix-up or, something. See, I was told this was going to be a high end academics school, like, invite only type academics school? No one said a word about super powers, at all.

Also, no, seriously, have I gone completely insane or is the cat talking to me in my head?"

For the DM:

I want to put it out there that now would be an excellent time for someone to explain that Whoopant was probably having a laugh in the way he set up the recommendations, sort of put the pieces together for him?

Also, for someone to confirm that yes, yes the cat really is talking to him mind to mind.

RickAllison
2018-02-11, 11:36 PM
"Hi, um, yeah, I think there's been, I don't know a mix-up or, something. See, I was told this was going to be a high end academics school, like, invite only type academics school? No one said a word about super powers, at all.

Also, no, seriously, have I gone completely insane or is the cat talking to me in my head?"

For the DM:

I want to put it out there that now would be an excellent time for someone to explain that Whoopant was probably having a laugh in the way he set up the recommendations, sort of put the pieces together for him?

Also, for someone to confirm that yes, yes the cat really is talking to him mind to mind.

You could just trust me. My particular set of powers revolve around connecting to the conscious and subconscious minds of the world, as well as an assortment of other useful traits for those I protect. But don't take my word for it, experience it. Do you feel a bit of a mental urging? Focus on that and you can experience a connection to me and John here. You will see the world temporarily through my eyes and you can converse with John in his native tongue. Touch my paw; it isn't necessary but it helps focus your mind.

Familiar is shifting points from his communication and teleport slot to Knowedge Transplant for Chinese and to Sensory Link.

dreamking
2018-02-12, 12:16 AM
"Well if anything was fun it would have to be that short trip to Paris..."

Though before Christie could spill any of the juicy details that punk rock wannabe from last year butted in, "Uh... excuse you, we are having a conversation."

Bless you Dreamking, spared me having to pull something completely out of my ass. I'm content to leave "what I did last summer" unexplored for now. :smalltongue:

"About what? A whole slog about what Cass made his butler do during summer break?" Oliver said with a bark of a laugh, his random guess cutting deeper than Christie suspected, "You should be thanking me for saving you from that slog, luv!"

With that, Oliver wheeled around and sauntered off in the other direction, towards the new girl in the hazmat suit. Despite Oliver's 'attitude', he does remember being the new kid, and it didn't seem like anyone was about to help this girl.

"Oi!" Oliver calls to the hazmat girl, "Ya lookin' a bit lost. Need help getting around the school?"

Robosonic
2018-02-16, 12:09 PM
"Oh the cat? Yeah he has been on the campus for awhile...don't worry, he doesn't bite...well usually."
As the woman at the window, doesn't appear too surprised by this. You can tell that she has seen a bunch of things.

John and Will had a good time to familiarize themselves with the brochure of the campus:

-Dr. Chales Claremont is the Main building connected to the Entrance leading to the Academy Wing (where John and Will are), you can find the student lockers also here.

-Mathias Cooke Wing: Staff offices, teachers, counselors. The student supply store is there.

-David Sloane Library: The Impressive Library of Claremont Academy, Level 3 of the Library is restricted at all times.

-Diana Falk Cafeteria: A well equipped Cafeteria, two-story high. During the weekend, boarding students can expect services like a restaurant.

-Leonard Fox Auditorium: As expected, the auditorium is where most the announcements/guest speakers come to talk to students.

-Aaron Cage Gymnasium: Self-explanatory

-St. Thomas Chapel: Offering Bible study and services during the weekend.

-The Roberta Isley Garden: Home to many exotic flora and some that are even extinct in the world.

-The Jasmine Summers Administrative Building:Self-explanatory

-Andrew Scoble Building: Staff Quarters, some staff live on the campus and those are their living quarters.

-Rita Kord & Edward Jon Carter Dormitories: The dorms are coed. It is recommended to contact and talk with the RA of your building for any issues.

Beside that, the Academy has an athletic open field and a swimming pool.

Casanova was about to say something to Oliver, while he called out the girl in the Hazmat suit. Most students preferred to stay far away. She looks behind her, as if making sure that he didn't confuse her with somebody else.

"...are you talking to me? I'm not lost...I just try to avoid making people uncomfortable."

One of the students in the Quad: "So Cass who is in your group? For the Show of Power talent show?"
"I dunno...I didn't check with Mr. Marquez yet."

OOC: Yeah sorry about that, I got a bit distracted this week. Anyway: Not going to be a big surprise, but the Show of Power talent show is of course going to include all your characters in the same team/group with others npcs. I'll roll them randomly, so would be kinda fun to see what kind of show you can come up with, those randomly chosen students.

Nintendogeek01
2018-02-16, 12:32 PM
With that, Oliver wheeled around and sauntered off in the other direction, towards the new girl in the hazmat suit. Despite Oliver's 'attitude', he does remember being the new kid, and it didn't seem like anyone was about to help this girl.
Once he was out of earshot, "There he goes, barking and running," Christie remarks to the crowd around her and Cas.

One of the students in the Quad: "So Cass who is in your group? For the Show of Power talent show?"
"I dunno...I didn't check with Mr. Marquez yet."
"Fingers crossed we're both matched with no one that will drag us down," Christie adds, "Well, they'd have to try pretty hard to drag me down anyways."

Not that she'd voice it out loud but she was curious how the groups were going to be organized; especially in regards to herself, Casanova, and Veronica.

Rhyvurg
2018-02-16, 05:32 PM
"Oh the cat? Yeah he has been on the campus for awhile...don't worry, he doesn't bite...well usually."
As the woman at the window, doesn't appear too surprised by this. You can tell that she has seen a bunch of things.

John and Will had a good time to familiarize themselves with the brochure of the campus:
[SPOILER=Claremont Academy Main Points of Interest]
[/I]

John bows. "Thank you." He turns to Will. "I must place my things in my room, please let me know if you need any help." He bows again, pets the strange cat and leaves the admin building.

dreamking
2018-02-17, 02:43 AM
Casanova was about to say something to Oliver, while he called out the girl in the Hazmat suit. Most students preferred to stay far away. She looks behind her, as if making sure that he didn't confuse her with somebody else.

"...are you talking to me? I'm not lost...I just try to avoid making people uncomfortable."

"Yer bloody walkin' a mile from everyone and wearin' a Hazmat suit." Oliver says with a good natured smirk, "I think you might be goin' a bit overboard." He chuckles and reaches out a hand to her, "Oliver Thorne. Me friends call me Ollie for short."

Rhyvurg
2018-02-18, 05:23 PM
Walking back through the quad, John looks around at all the strange students, aliens, mutants, people with abilities he had no idea existed thanks to his sheltered life, and accidentally bumps into Christie. "Oh, please excuse me, I was not paying attention to where I was going."

Nintendogeek01
2018-02-18, 05:29 PM
... and accidentally bumps into Christie.
No mere accidental bump could hurt Christie, much less make her budge, but some idiot dared touch her!? "Uh... excuse you!"

"Oh, please excuse me, I was not paying attention to where I was going."
"Ugh... pay more attention then!" Christie replies dismissively before turning her attention back to the conversation she was having.

Rhyvurg
2018-02-18, 11:26 PM
John almost speaks again, but this young woman was obviously upset so he bowed his head and went into the dorms looking for his room.