PDA

View Full Version : Back 17 sept?? WHY!!!??

BelkarROX
2007-08-27, 09:38 AM
Propable there's already a reason out there But still this sucks..

I LOVE reading that comic.. the humor is awesome and the story line is fantastic i mean .. You must either really smart or Really High (On drugs ofc) to make such a comic..

To the creators .. I love you..

But for going away for like 3 weeks !!.. Amigosh.. Breaking my hearth here!!

Mike .. breaking my balls here mike.. (Cartman, Southpark ®)

basilisk 89
2007-08-27, 09:40 AM
Because the author gets sick a lot and needs a break. The comics take a long time to make.

The Wanderer
2007-08-27, 09:41 AM
The reason (http://www.giantitp.com/index.html#yOSODsgTNhjraLs4GSe)

Just so you'll know before this topic gets closed.

Rare Pink Leech
2007-08-27, 09:52 AM
Three weeks is nothing. I was expecting something closer to 1-2 months. At any rate, any hiatus is fine if it helps Rich feel better, and helps the overall quality of the comic.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-08-27, 09:55 AM
Even I, who did nothing all summer but sleeping, went for a 3 -weeks holiday.

Don't you think Rich needs a break as well?

He is human after all. I think... :smallconfused:

BelkarROX
2007-08-27, 09:55 AM
Oke Thx anyway guys.. Read my other thread on d20 gaming.. Got some questions there 2 :)

basilisk 89
2007-08-27, 10:11 AM
Even I, who did nothing all summer but sleeping, went for a 3 -weeks holiday.

Don't you think Rich needs a break as well?

He is human after all. I think... :smallconfused:

No, I think he's a bardic half-elf.

Evil DM Mark3
2007-08-27, 10:16 AM
Um, GIANT in the playground. Clearly not a half-elf.

Vulion
2007-08-27, 10:26 AM
Oh come on guys, he's obviously a epic half-celestial human bard.:smallbiggrin:

basilisk 89
2007-08-27, 10:46 AM
Um, GIANT in the playground. Clearly not a half-elf.

Right. He's a half-giant. The other part is half-elf. HE doesn't say, "Half-Giant Half-Elf In the Playground" because it's too hard to say in conversation. And also, GitP is an easier acronym than H-GH-EitP.

SteveMB
2007-08-27, 11:10 AM
Right. He's a half-giant. The other part is half-elf.
If so, I hope the giant part is on his mother's side (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0322.html).

Moff Chumley
2007-08-27, 11:15 AM
If so, I hope the giant part is on his mother's side (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0322.html).

Um, what does :vaarsuvius: getting eaten have to do with The Giant's bloodline? And responding to the first post, the Giant said, about a month ago, that he would take a short haitus at the end of the plot arc.

Evil DM Mark3
2007-08-27, 11:16 AM
Right. He's a half-giant. The other part is half-elf. HE doesn't say, "Half-Giant Half-Elf In the Playground" because it's too hard to say in conversation. And also, GitP is an easier acronym than H-GH-EitP.

Also no one would admit to being part elf. I mean, elves...

Um, what does :vaarsuvius: getting eaten have to do with The Giant's bloodline? And responding to the first post, the Giant said, about a month ago, that he would take a short haitus at the end of the plot arc.

Panel 5.

Kurald Galain
2007-08-27, 11:17 AM
Propable there's already a reason out there But still this sucks..

Would you prefer if it came back 18 oct??

Spiryt
2007-08-27, 11:50 AM
Three weeks is nothing. I was expecting something closer to 1-2 months. At any rate, any hiatus is fine if it helps Rich feel better, and helps the overall quality of the comic.

Ayup. Come on Rich, you need longer hiatus :smallbiggrin:

It would be probably even better for us. Maybe I will loose this "check every half hour " mania, when I know that next will be on 17th.:smallwink:

basilisk 89
2007-08-27, 11:59 AM
I think the site will crash come September 17th due to too many people flooding it.

BobTheFerret
2007-08-27, 12:20 PM
I'm guessing it won't crash per se – rather, the forum will cut off...

NerfTW
2007-08-27, 12:31 PM

Read the entire comic. As Belkar points out, the mother needs to be the larger creature, to avoid serious injury either during copulation, or the pregnency. Just like with dogs in real life.

Also, why would someone take the time to come to the forum and make a post, when there's a NEWS POST right on the side of the page?

morbiczer
2007-08-27, 12:34 PM

Yeah, I was expecting several months! Plus I didn't think there would be an announced return date.

LM TR
2007-08-27, 12:56 PM
I expected something like "500 is the end", so we ended up lucky :smallsmile:

Omicroncubed
2007-08-27, 01:39 PM
I also thought the same about 500. Don't worry, 3 weeks will pass quickly. Before you know it, Rich will be back making OOTS again.

(Hehe that SP reference is awesome)

Tharr
2007-08-27, 02:01 PM
The comics were so damn slow it got alot of people upset plus no GenCon listed made people glad to see him take break. Honestly I hope he takes much longer time off and comes back without all the drama of random updates besides no strip is much better than some lame barley poking along weak story line done. By the way 4e coming out might be one better factor to rest up and work on the long range plotline. Maybe few guest drawer could be used after September 17 as helper.

chibibar
2007-08-27, 02:14 PM
personally I hope Giant takes as much needed break he wants. I hope he will have a good rest.

Roland St. Jude
2007-08-27, 04:18 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: If only there were an announcement of some kind (or two) on the front page. Or maybe a rule against making these kinds of posts. Oh wait... thread closed.