PDA

View Full Version : Noob look for some answers :D

BelkarROX
2007-08-27, 09:46 AM
Oke.. So.. What game are you guys all talking about??

I'm the Rpg type yes.. but i used to play Tibia or WOW.. You know random 3d/2d games.. but i had NO idea OTS is really based on an actually game.. more or less..

Could someone explain me this.. ?

Is it like a Beta client you can download and play or more like a game on a website you just click on Like Warrior3 or something?

Yes i know Retard blablabla.. but im really interrested so if you have some spare time.. Explain :)

Karsh
2007-08-27, 09:53 AM
Dungeons and Dragons is a pen and paper RPG dating back to the 1970s... it's not an online/computer game.

CrazedGoblin
2007-08-27, 09:53 AM
in this form its all kinds of table top games (as far as i know) the one i play with my group of friends is 3.5 Edition Dungeon and Dragons, there is a game of it its Dungeons and Dragons online:smallbiggrin:

InkEyes
2007-08-27, 09:55 AM
The game OotS is based off of is a pen and paper game called Dungeons and Dragons. The most of the basic rules for playing it can be found here (http://www.d20srd.org/). There's no place to freely download the game because you buy the rulebooks and play it at a table with your friends. One person is the dungeon master (DM) and the rest are player characters (PCs) that you create on sheets of paper.

AslanCross
2007-08-27, 04:16 PM
The dice, don't forget the dice!
Results of attacks, skill checks and the like are randomly determined with dice, possibly modified by the skills your character has taken or how good he or she is in attacking. This gives you and your friends hours of fun (or frustration).

Jack Mann
2007-08-27, 04:24 PM
Just as a note, pretty much all fantasy computer RPGs owe something to Dungeons and Dragons, even if the connection has grown somewhat tenuous.

Xuincherguixe
2007-08-27, 04:30 PM
Order of the Stick started out as a webcomic, based on Dungeons and Dragons. Which can be described as a board game without the board. There are many video games based on it. Really the entire RPG genre came from D&D. But it was not itself a video game.

The order of the stick board game was based on the webcomic. Not the other way around.

AslanCross
2007-08-28, 06:38 AM
Just as a note, pretty much all fantasy computer RPGs owe something to Dungeons and Dragons, even if the connection has grown somewhat tenuous.

Yep. Even Final Fantasy. (At least the really old ones)

Spiryt
2007-08-28, 06:49 AM

Yeah, you can like D&D or not, but this is basically a legend. I can be wrong, but started all serious RPG bussiness, didn't it?

BelkarROX
2007-08-28, 08:49 AM
Thx alot ye guys :)..

Now i tottaly get it ;D

But really not my kinda game ye know..
Ill stick to my online Rpg's ;)

Thx anyway

This Thread can be closed :smallcool:

Crow
2007-08-28, 08:56 AM
But really not my kinda game ye know..

It surprises me how many people will say this who have never tried it.

DraPrime
2007-08-28, 09:24 AM
Yeah you should try it. I have a friend who is a jock. He never does any type of RPG, and after months of nagging him he finally tried D&D and loved it.

Morty
2007-08-28, 09:26 AM
Just a nit-pick: Tibia is not an RPG.
Sorry, I just had to say this. And you should really try D&D or other pen'n'paper RPG. They're worth it.

Ralfarius
2007-08-28, 09:32 AM
There are pen and paper games that run the gamut in rules and settings/flavours. Assuming you have friends you can stand to hang out with for an hour or more at a time in one place, you can potentially enjoy D&D or one of its many counterparts. Being that you can even get the basic rules for free, you don't have to make a monetary investment beyond a set of dice to share. Heck, even that can be done with computer dice-rolling programs.

arnoldrew
2007-08-28, 10:58 AM
The WOW pen and paper RPG is pretty solid. Maybe you should consider it.

TheAlmightyOne
2007-08-28, 03:25 PM
The WOW pen and paper RPG is pretty solid. Maybe you should consider it.

Im sorry but I can't play WOW as a board game. If I so much as look at it in the shops I start laughing as I imagine players picking up cards like in monopoly saying 'A level 5 warriro walks up to you and says STFU n00b ive got a level 900 on my spare account. plz g1ve moniez or i will pwnz0rs u' or 'you internet connection just got lost. plaese smash you face onto the table' WOW is good but I can't get it because my internet connection is so bad that I would keep drawing the second card.

Devils_Advocate
2007-08-28, 09:03 PM
Heh heh... This conversation reminded me of PvP.

"I'm not following you." (http://www.pvponline.com/article/354/Tue-Nov-02)

:smallbiggrin: