PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes who you fight determines how bad you are

MarkVIIIMarc
2018-02-11, 03:55 AM
After quite a few sessions with Demons and Devils saving out of spells, the last two sessions for my Bard has done pretty well.

Last session we were involved in a pretty large group battle and my Bard had a chance to use Counterspell against the big bad guy a couple times then cast silence which was disposed of but it still felt pretty good. Healing Word always comes in handy also.

This session comically enough she cast fly usefully to become virtually immune to amage from some ghouls and ghasts. Then in another encounter when oir party was divoded she cast Fear into a goup of 3 undead something or others and two failed. Dissonant Whispers did great damage to them as they attacked piecemeal. Neither the DM or myself had a solid idea what they reslly feared though lol. In our 3rd encounter Healing Word was important, she cast Polymorph on our Monk who'se hit point max had been reduced to 7 and got off at least one good AOE Thunder Damage spell.

Some previous sessions were spent locked in melee with demons who had advamtage on saves against Thunderwave. My Bard is not out damaging our Wizard or Rogue but it was good to feel in control. A little bit of random luck with how encounters start off and having spells for the right enemies sure make a difference.

DarthPenance
2018-02-11, 08:24 AM
It's true, that's why it's a party, no one can defeat all enemies by themselves.
Wizard has very good control and AoE damage, but against a Beholder? A dragon? They're gonna need a martial for their single target dps and tankiness
Good to see you felt useful, sometimes you spent sessions without getting to do much due to good rolls on enemy part or bad on yours and it can feel like you're not contributing.