PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Help me helping my friend

Costantine10
2018-02-11, 07:51 PM
Hi guys i need help for a build, we are gonna play with people who never plays DnD and my DM says to me to make a powerfull charcter for helping them, a sort of plan b (i already did this years a go with a kobold dragonwraught druid/sorcer/arcane hierophant and it really works).
The other players are a druid a warlock a barbarian a rogue and a psion.
We can use everything except ToB, i am gonna help them building easy and powerfull character but i want them learn alone in game, so my idea (and DM) was that i'm gonna play a character who is here only for help them when they are in troubles.
P.S.: Please not cleric , i donna want to play one of that again.

Goaty14
2018-02-11, 09:19 PM
Mind defining what level of optimization you're thinking of? I know that's arbitrary, but many people on the forums think that doing a theurge build is pretty suboptimal...

Costantine10
2018-02-12, 03:30 AM
Mind defining what level of optimization you're thinking of? I know that's arbitrary, but many people on the forums think that doing a theurge build is pretty suboptimal...

It dipends if you can make the fast entry like sorcerer 1/druid 3/hierophant X is not a waste.
The character must be someone who can do at least anything. They fail somenthing no problem there is my PC for trying another time.

Lvl 2 Expert
2018-02-12, 03:44 AM
How fast do you expect this particular player to pick up on the finer points of playing? A kobold dragonwraught druid/sorcer/arcane hierophant sounds kind of involved, some new players would have done better with a sword and board fighter, as suboptimal as it is, because at least then they can play it on their own without asking for tips every five rounds. For others, as you experienced last time, it's less of a problem.

The party sounds pretty well rounded. The only thing they might be missing is a bit of healing. Since you don't want them to play cleric because you've already played one recently, maybe something with a paladin as the main ingredient? The class can always have a reasonably effective turn by just attacking, yet they also get to play around with spells and mounts, they aren't stuck in just the physical combat system.