PDA

View Full Version : (Spoilers) Elan and Haley's Dads

Hann
2007-08-27, 10:35 AM
I'm not sure if this has been brought up, and it probably has, but i'm just going to state the facts.

Haley's dad is stuck in the dungeons of Lord Tyrinar, which is said to be "way out on the western continent" (OtOoPCs)

Elan's father was seen riding a chariot in front of a banner with a large T on it.

The OotS is headed to the western continent.

Family reunion + Rescue Mission?

Give me your thoughts.

CasESenSITItiVE
2007-08-27, 10:52 AM
ooh, i never thought of that

Dragon_Keeper
2007-08-27, 11:10 AM
Yeah, people have been guessing that for a while

Morty
2007-08-27, 11:45 AM
Yeah, people have been guessing that for a while

"For a while" means "since #131 came out". This theory has been around since long time, but I personaly belive it's incorrect- that'd be too cliche and obvious.

basilisk 89
2007-08-27, 12:57 PM
"For a while" means "since #131 came out". This theory has been around since long time, but I personaly belive it's incorrect- that'd be too cliche and obvious.

Right, because Order of the Stick is never cliche. :smalltongue:

Elan's dad has Haley's dad. And then they will get together, and they will put aside their differences to let their children be together, and the subplot will resolve with a happy ending, at least until Nale shows up to murder Haley's father or something.

Morty
2007-08-27, 01:03 PM
Right, because Order of the Stick is never cliche. :smalltongue:

OoTS normally makes fun of cliches. If Elan's father turns out to be Lord Tyrinar, it'll be a cliche itself.

Elan's dad has Haley's dad. And then they will get together, and they will put aside their differences to let their children be together, and the subplot will resolve with a happy ending, at least until Nale shows up to murder Haley's father or something.

I think that if it happens, both fathers will be more likely to say "stay the hell away from her/him". Of course, Elan and Haley are unlikely to give a damn about it.

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-27, 04:42 PM
<romeo and juliet> Tyrinar: Elan, stay away from that filthy commoner's (criminal's) daughter! Elan: But dad, I love her! Ian Starshine: Haley, you stay away from that insane overlord's son! Haley But dad, I love him! Tyrinar: No buts! Elan I don't care what you say, 'cuz I'm Chaotic and I love her! Ian Starshine: No buts! Haley: Daddy, I love you, but I have to follow my heart, and Elan isn't like his dad. *run off happily together, etc. etc. etc.* </romeo and juliet>

Yeril
2007-08-27, 06:09 PM
Tyrinar: :smallannoyed: Well atleast they look happy together..
Ian: :smallsmile: Yeah, A rogue and a bard, Im sure they're gonner have a wonderful life.
Tyrinar: :smallsigh: Soo.. you wana go get a beer or somthing, since you know your free and al-- Wait a minute wheres my 200,000??! :smallmad:
Ian: B-but hayley just had it here a second ago! :smalleek:
Tyrinar: No buts, Dungeon, now! :smallfurious:
Ian: Aww maan. :smallfrown:

The Extinguisher
2007-08-27, 07:11 PM
Lord Tyrinar: Julio never told you what happened to your father.
Elan: He told me enough! He told me you killed him!
Tyrinar: No. I am your father.
Elan: No...That's not true! That's impossible!
Tyrinar: Search your plot sense! You know it to be true!
Elan: No! No!

I've been onboard this since day one. There's a reason that Elan's last name hasn't been revealed. Also, I think that Haley will learn about Elan's father before they get back together.

Raroy
2007-08-27, 10:03 PM
You know how people say Elan is like Luke skywalker? And how Princess Leia was Luke's sister? Wouldn't it be funny if Haley's dad and Elan's dad were brothers? That would make them cousins! BHWAHAHAHAHHAHAH.

Cade Shadow
2007-08-27, 10:19 PM
You know how people say Elan is like Luke skywalker? And how Princess Leia was Luke's sister? Wouldn't it be funny if Haley's dad and Elan's dad were brothers? That would make them cousins! BHWAHAHAHAHHAHAH.

Shh...before Rich hears you. (I so want that to happen)

the_tick_rules
2007-08-27, 10:27 PM
it's possible. but there's a lot they gotta do first.

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-28, 12:32 AM
Lord Tyrinar: Julio never told you what happened to your father.
Elan: He told me enough! He told me you killed him!
Tyrinar: No. I am your father.
Elan: No...That's not true! That's impossible!
Tyrinar: Search your plot sense! You know it to be true!
Elan: No! No!

I've been onboard this since day one. There's a reason that Elan's last name hasn't been revealed. Also, I think that Haley will learn about Elan's father before they get back together.

Tis true. There is NEVER a character without a last name, unless:
1) They don't have a first name either.
2) Nobody else has a last name.
3) There is a PLOT-IMPORTANT REASON!

Elan and Vaarsuvius have first names (duh) and the other characters have last names, therefore, there is a PLOT-IMPORTANT REASON THE NAMES HAVE NOT BEEN REVEALED!

Setra
2007-08-28, 12:42 AM
Or maybe Elves don't have last names.

Either way.

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-28, 01:10 AM
<romeo and juliet> Tyrinar: Elan, stay away from that filthy commoner's (criminal's) daughter! Elan: But dad, I love her! Ian Starshine: Haley, you stay away from that insane overlord's son! Haley But dad, I love him! Tyrinar: No buts! Elan I don't care what you say, 'cuz I'm Chaotic and I love her! Ian Starshine: No buts! Haley: Daddy, I love you, but I have to follow my heart, and Elan isn't like his dad. *run off happily together, etc. etc. etc.* </romeo and juliet>

Uh-huh... Romeo and Juliet was a tragedy. Juliet, at the tender age of below-13 was forcibly married to Paris and then she took a potion to put her into a coma-like state so that her family would think her dead and cancel the wedding... but before she did that, she sent a letter via a priest to Romeo who was then exiled in Mantua for killing Tybalt, Juliet's elder cousin. Romeo went to the Capulet tomb, fought and killed the grieving Paris then committed suicide just by Juliet's bier, thinking that she was truly dead because somebody else told Romeo that she was dead before the priest could get to him. Juliet's potion expires, she wakes up, finds Romeo dead and stabs ferself as well. Both Montague and Capulet families get up and go there, investigating the ruckus, see that their children died for love of each other despite the hatred of their families. The two families then reconcile and make peace.

Um, methinks it would not be Elan's prophesied "happy ending" if the above spoiler happened...

...besides, methinks there are not (yet) enough stand-in characters to fit the bill...

Kai Maera
2007-08-28, 02:21 AM
Do we know for a fact that Haley's father is, in fact, being held hostage? Haley saw him with her own eyes? Being as he is a first edition Thief, and in D&D ancient tends to equal powerful, it could stand to reason that Haley's father is, in fact, staging his own capture to make Haley send in more money. She's chaotic good - good intentioned - and he's a Thief - greedy to the end.

:smallamused:

BisectedBrioche
2007-08-28, 05:10 AM
Do we know for a fact that Haley's father is, in fact, being held hostage? Haley saw him with her own eyes? Being as he is a first edition Thief, and in D&D ancient tends to equal powerful, it could stand to reason that Haley's father is, in fact, staging his own capture to make Haley send in more money. She's chaotic good - good intentioned - and he's a Thief - greedy to the end.

:smallamused:

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to say that in this thread. Perhaps he just wanted an excuse to get her to leave the Thieves Guild?

Elfanatic
2007-08-28, 05:27 AM

The Giant doesn't seem the type to write about incest. Besides, if Haley and Elan are related, we will see a horror unmatched in hell. Think about it:
- Roy already has a girlfriend
- Durkon would never begin a lovers-relationship with a human
- Vaarsuvius is married

Which means that the only one Haley could be running to would be...Belkar! :smalleek:

Personally, I think that both Haley's and Elan's dads are buddy's of old, and created this scheme so that Haley's dad can see his daughter again, and Elan's dad gets a lot of money.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-08-28, 06:47 AM
Elan and Nale's father is (probably) the Dictator of Tyrinar, and following Peter's Rules for Evil Overlords:

18: I will not have a son. Although his laughably under-planned attempt to usurp power would easily fail, it would provide a fatal distraction at a crucial point in time.

Yeah, you just KNOW it's gonna happen!

Evil Overlord, a castle that needs to be infiltrated, and plenty of opportunities to reference Peter's Rules on the forum boards! What's not to love! :smallbiggrin:

I'm da Rogue!
2007-08-28, 07:59 AM
Elan's father is LE, right?
He must be something like Nale, since Elan is CG and like his mom.

What makes you think that he will care for his chaotic good son? Nale doesn't even care for him (after he realised Elan's personality).

He will prob try to kill Elan if they meet, or else all his evil friends will laugh at him for the son he has.

Ishha
2007-08-28, 09:15 AM
Tyrinar:Son!Don't ever see that traitor's daughter!:smallannoyed:
:elan: What do I care what you think,you abandoned me and my mommy!:smallmad:
Tyrinar:Well i'm still your father Mr.sassy-mouth!:smallfurious:
:elan: Make me!!Plttttt!:smallyuk:

Hey check this D&D game!It rules and its free!
http://s8.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=46817

I'm da Rogue!
2007-08-28, 09:21 AM
Hey check this D&D game!It rules and its free!
http://s8.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=46817

Nah it's quite stupid..

Rinquist
2007-08-28, 10:33 AM
!

Maybe Elan's father is also Haley's father! Then they'll realize the sudden gross-out, and Elan will suddenly realize his true feelings for Varsuuvius, who's actually a male, which makes the situation even more convoluted!

Belkar will then admit to being Chaotic Neutral! And the MiTD will reveal itself to actually be Miko! Then Hinjo and Lien will marry and things will take a turn for the interesting when Lien gives birth to kobold children! I bet the oracle didn't see that one coming!

Or maybe Rinquist will stop drinking!

Er, wait ...

The Hop Goblin
2007-08-28, 11:57 AM
Tis true. There is NEVER a character without a last name, unless:
1) They don't have a first name either.
2) Nobody else has a last name.
3) There is a PLOT-IMPORTANT REASON!

Elan and Vaarsuvius have first names (duh) and the other characters have last names, therefore, there is a PLOT-IMPORTANT REASON THE NAMES HAVE NOT BEEN REVEALED!

Vaarsuvius's name is Do'Urden. As he fears the lawyers - he does not admit to it :D

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-08-28, 12:11 PM
Elan's father is LE, right?
He must be something like Nale, since Elan is CG and like his mom.

What makes you think that he will care for his chaotic good son? Nale doesn't even care for him (after he realised Elan's personality).

He will prob try to kill Elan if they meet, or else all his evil friends will laugh at him for the son he has.

Don't forget that Nale is also (possibly) Tyrinar's son! It won't be the good son trying to overthrow dear old dad at the most inopportune time, it will be the EVIL son!

Tyrinar doesn't care one whit for Elan, and will waste no time in trying to kill him, UNLESS he thinks Elan has a better potential for evil than Nale. And considering Elan's acting skills, Elan playing the "role" of an evil character might be enough to turn the trick! After all, OotS is based on a popular ROLE-Playing Game, not a popular dice-playing game!

My thinking has become totally twisted trying to out-guess the Giant! And I LOVE IT!

Kai Maera
2007-08-28, 04:48 PM
Tyrinar doesn't care one whit for Elan, and will waste no time in trying to kill him, UNLESS he thinks Elan has a better potential for evil than Nale.
Being as Tyrinar would, judging by his name, be Lawful Evil, it would be unlikely that he'd do such a chaotic thing as simply slaughter a perfectly usable fool. Also considering that Nale is Chaotic Evil (impersonating your brother to bring on a blood orgy?) and has openly stated his wish to get rid of their father, it could be that Tyrinar (assuming he is their father) would want to get rid of Nale - and being Lawful Evil, the most cruel way would be to use Elan.

I highly doubt that Elan and Haley share parents, as thieves have always tended toward the chaotic, but the idea of their fathers working together for reputation and money does sound highly amusing -perhaps they would even have been former party mates.

Hann
2007-08-28, 04:59 PM
Nale has stated that he's Lawful Evil. http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0057.html