PDA

View Full Version : DMing Series

Wasteomana
2018-02-12, 07:18 AM
Hey everyone. I've been working on a video series to help people with some basic parts of DMing.

If anyone has suggestions on particular DMing topics that would like me to cover, post here and I'll see about covering them in a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-FFB9y4qcc&list=PLy7EhTXrlNihFXR4Sn_KNL2JaNmwryu-U

weckar
2018-02-14, 05:22 AM
Is this to be about DMing (D&D) specifically, or GMing in a more general sense?

Pleh
2018-02-14, 06:37 AM
Who is your intended audience? Are these beginner courses unpacking basic concepts? Or are you speaking on advanced concepts with fellow veterans?

weckar
2018-02-14, 06:44 AM
He did say Basic.

RazorChain
2018-02-14, 08:07 AM

Looks like the target group for DMing 101 by DM Gary is D&D. No other systems have DMs

Wasteomana
2018-02-14, 08:42 PM

While I am primarily a DM, I have also been a GM, ST, etc. Most of my stuff is designed to be fairly generic however my examples will be primarily D&D

Who is your intended audience? Are these beginner courses unpacking basic concepts? Or are you speaking on advanced concepts with fellow veterans?

The idea would be to give advice to newer DMs. Not brand spanking new (Cause I feel like that has been covered well by other sources), but rather helping people who might have a game or two under their belts.

Looks like the target group for DMing 101 by DM Gary is D&D. No other systems have DMs

Yeah, the specifics would be to go for D&D, but again I am going to try to keep my topics, explanations and examples as widely applicable as possible.

In other news the next episode is now up. This one is on Expectations and Investment. Working on editing "The High Investment Game" now.

Does anyone have something specific they think I should cover? Should I still try to cover some of the very beginning concepts "What is a D&D game?" and "How to run your first game?" ?