PDA

View Full Version : DM Help RPG Time Keeping Tools or Methods

Madara
2018-02-12, 11:31 AM
Hello Everyone,

I have been reading (and watching) several different DM advice sources which suggest keeping track of time in your campaign (and now that I've been doing it for 9 months, I have to agree!)

My issue is that I need a good way to keep organized with regards to NPC timelines. Does anyone have suggestions/ examples to share?

For example, I'm looking to keep track of the following sort of information:

Steve the Assassin will be stalking a party member for the next seven days and then will attack on day 8.
BBEG Rick will recieve the parts for his doom laser on the 17th and will finish building it on the 20th. His daughter will be going to visit on the 17th.
The necromancer Todd will be passing through Ironville and Peasantopia on the 12th and 18th respectively.

Florian
2018-02-12, 11:42 AM
Get a free project management app that can handle Gantt charts and milestones. That's not only a convenient and time-tested way to manage different concurrent timelines, itīs also easy to handle the "and then" follow-up timeline.

Madara
2018-02-12, 01:25 PM
Get a free project management app that can handle Gantt charts and milestones. That's not only a convenient and time-tested way to manage different concurrent timelines, itīs also easy to handle the "and then" follow-up timeline.

Do you know of any specifics you'd recommend?