PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Please Help me assign an LA to my homebrew race

lylsyly
2018-02-12, 03:17 PM
Here it is. A race for my campaign world. No real fluff just yet. I am thinking LA +2 myself.

Toc Xan’ti (The People)
Xan’ti Racial Traits

_ +2 Dexterity, +2 Con +2 Wis: Xan’ti are quick, agile, and good with ranged weapons, the Forest gives them all they need to survive, Xan’ti that leave their forest homes lose the +2 to Con as they do not get certain nutrients provided only by the home forest.

_ Small: As a Small creature, a Xan’ti gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.

_ Xan’ti base land speed is 40 feet.

_ +2 racial bonus on Climb, Jump, and Move Silently checks: Xan’ti are agile, surefooted, and athletic.

_ +1 racial bonus on all saving throws: Xan’ti are surprisingly capable of avoiding mishaps.

_ +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear. This bonus stacks with the Xan’ti +1 bonus on saving throws in general.

_ +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with a bow: Archery is a universal sport among Xan’ti, and they develop especially good aim.

_ +2 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks: Xan’ti have keen senses.

_ Automatic Languages: Common and Xan’ti. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Orc. Smart Xan’ti learn the languages of their friends
and enemies.

_ Favored Class: Ranger. A multiclass Xan’ti ranger class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing (see XP for
Multiclass Characters, page 60).

Xan’ti have an affinity for and love for the forest of their birth, They are natural born rangers with the skills to hunt and defend their homes.

Xan’ti are all breathtakingly Handsome or Beautiful. This manifests itself as the follow special ability: Awesome Beauty – any Humanoid within 30’ who looks at the
Xan’ti is Shaken (WillNeg, DC is Charisma-based) for 1 minute. Continued looking results in additional saves, the failure of which resets the duration. The Xan’ti can suppress or resume this ability as a Free Action. This is a [mind][fear] effect.

Flight: Flying speed is 60 ft. with Good maneuverability.

Gains Darkvision 120 ft.

Immune to Enchantment spells & effects.

Spell-like Abilities:
Entangle 1/day
Speak with Animals 1/day
Speak with Plants 1/day
Commune with nature 1/month

Thanks in advance

rferries
2018-02-12, 05:38 PM
LA+2 at a minimum, I would have been fine at LA+1 (Small size and the land speed were nice bonuses) until I hit the Awesome Beauty, fly speed, enchantment immunity, SLAs, etc..

Ukimoni
2018-02-14, 01:31 PM
I agree, lose the Awesome Beauty and this is still LA +2 easy. With it though and I'd venture into LA +3 honestly. Plus small wih a walk speed of 40ft AND a fly speed 0f 60? Yeah this is almost a little silly.