PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A WRT & Immediate Actions

AlanBruce
2018-02-13, 02:01 AM
Greetings! In a 3.5 game I am running, the wizard and crusader are fighting a bunch of monsters in some old dungeon cell.

The wizard is a Conjurer with the Abrupt Jaunt ACF, which he used in the current round to avoid getting hit and lob an Acidic Splatter at the creature that was attacking him.

The Crusader has been dispatching the creatures relatively well with a combination of Wraithstrike and Power attack, but seeing as there are so many, plans to use WRT on the wizard, who in turn plans to use the advantage conferred by that maneuver to cast Celerity + Teleport to get both out of this place.

Reading WRT, it states that:

She then acts on her new initiative count as normal.

I understand that WRT allows the recipient to perform another set of actions, effectively having the PC in question go twice in a round. But would the wizard be able to pull a second immediate in the same round (Celerity), since he already used an immediate action (Abrupt Jaunt) in the same round to avoid an attack?

I interpreted the situation as if the wizard does indeed get to act again, but is still limited to the number of immediate/swift actions he can use in any round. He could move and use a standard action for any number of things, like casting a second spell or lob another Acidic Splatter.

If anyone has a clear ruling behind this and it would indeed allow the wizard a second set of immediate actions due to WRT, please let me know, since that could change drastically how the maneuver has been interpreted by me.

Thank you in advance.

Eldariel
2018-02-13, 03:45 AM
Immediate action essentially takes your next swift action. White Raven Tactics gives him, for all intents and purposes, another turn in the same round. As such, yeah, he should be able to take another immediate action after the second turn (on which he doesn't have a swift action).