PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Goliath Bard / Dawncaller

Helmgard
2018-02-13, 04:40 AM
Long term lurker, first time poster, just wanted some feed back on this new character I'm thinking of playing for our next game starting soon, a Goliath bard, of the College of the sword, Here is a link to the Character Sheet https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QfGJ9JeLOWnTH2JyDa9_BaII7ILeniZG"

And the backstory, what do you guys think? I've done some research into goliath culture, I rolled up the backstory using Xanathars Guide, so first the results from my rolls, then the story I made from it.

Parents
I know them
Birthplace
Home
Siblings
1 Younger M - NG - Crafter- Alive and quite successful - friendly
2 Older M - NE - Exile - Missing Presumed Dead - unfriendly Lo-Kag
3 Older F - NL - Captain - Alive and Well - friendly
4 Older M - N - Criminal - Dead (Battle)
5 Younger M - N - Hunter- Alive and well - friendly
6 Younger M - N - Shaman- Alive and Well - friendly
7 Younger M - NG - Hunter- Dead (Battle)
8 Younger F - NG - Tent Mother- Dead (Battle)
9 Younger F - N - Scout - Alive and Quite successful - friendly

Family
Mother and father
family lifestyle
comfortable
Childhood Home
Encampment or village in the wilderness
Childhood memory
I had several friends and my childhood was generally a happy one

Outlander
My Family moved away from civilization and I learned to adapt to my new environment
Bard
I awakened my latent bardic abilities through trial and error

Life Events
you had a supernatural experience roll on the table You escaped certain death and believe it was an intervention that saved you
you spent a year working as a bard extra 2d6 gold
War ravaged your home community, reducing everything to rubble and ruin, in the aftermath you helped or moved on
You survived a battle unscathed although many friends were injured or lost

-----------

Nalla grew up in a small nomadic community of Goliath far up in the mountains, she was the 4th oldest in a large family of 9, with 6 brothers and 4 sisters. The Large family was both a blessing and a curse for the tribe, the extra mouths to feed put strain on everyone, but once the young started coming of age, they proved to be good hard workers. Other than the 2nd oldest brother Lo-Kag. He was trouble from a young age, fighting unfairly, stealing things he didn’t need, cowardice! By the age of 19 he was exiled from the tribe. He vowed revenge. For months an extra watch was kept each night, weapons were made available to all adults. After a time though life returned to normal.

Some years passed, Nala grew older enough to become an active part of the tribe, contributing well to her people, always trying to grab the extra berry, bring home the extra rabbit or staying alert on watch for that extra hour. She took great joy in being given the responsibility of DawnCaller, waking up the community with Song and music.

A group of dwarven tradesmen passed through the valley that the tribe had set their Yurts up in for the season, they came with new weapons, metal utensils, and other goods. One thing really caught Nala’s eye though were the bright cloth and beads that a dwarven woman traveling with the caravan was wearing. She rummaged around and found enough furs and things she could do to help the dwarves for them to part with some of this brilliant cloth.

Then one night, Lo-Kag returned, at the head of a group of black clad men, they burnt the village, killed many, including 3 of Nala’s siblings. Nala would of been with them, she was trapped inside a burning dwelling, as it collapsed around her, she felt a strange power, as if she was blessed by her ancestors, spread from her chest, and out of her mouth in thunderous shout. The burning building exploded outward, she stood in the middle untouched by the flames. They also stole an ancient heirloom from the tribe, an ancient “Dragon Heart” a large rock that was warm to the touch, and said to bring the community good luck.

When morning came, the survives of the evening packed up what little supplies they had, the young had been murdered, Nala’s young sister had died defending them, an older brother, who had been being shunned, had thrown himself at the enemy taking down many before he’d fallen to his wounds. Her brother who had stood with the other adults, died when he was separated and surrounded. After the funeral, Nala gathered a little Ash from the pyre, keeping it in a small metal urn that she’d bought from the dwarves, so she could remember those who fell.

Nala was now an unknown to the chieftain, while her family had proven itself to the clan, also one had betrayed the Tribe. And Nala’s new power had not gone unnoticed. The young chief, unsure what to do, was Nala going to push for leadership of the Tribe with her new gift? . Nala was shunned for some time while the clan leaders made up their mind, they felt although powerful she didn’t have the wisdom or intelligence to lead the clan in its darkest times. After a few weeks, Nala could no longer take it, she approached the Lamentor and said she wished to leave the tribe, to find the one who had betrayed the tribe, and if possible bring him back for judgement. With that, she packed her things and headed into the big wide world of the little people.