PDA

View Full Version : Player Help [5E] Increasing Weapon Hit Rate

kevinc45
2018-02-13, 09:31 AM
So, I wonder if there's any homebrew feats or maybe not even a homebrew things that can increase my weapon hit dice modifier or maybe give any advantage on my weapon attack roll.

Anyway it's a DARTS.

Any answers would be very appreciated.

Aett_Thorn
2018-02-13, 09:34 AM
So, I wonder if there's any homebrew feats or maybe not even a homebrew things that can increase my weapon hit dice modifier or maybe give any advantage on my weapon attack roll.

Anyway it's a DARTS.

Maybe give us some idea why you don't like the current hit rate? There are a number of ways to get advantage on your attacks, but they may involve some teamwork, or using spells for crowd control rather than straight up damage. There are a number of things you can likely do without going into homebrew territory, but you've given us very little to go with here.

Cybren
2018-02-13, 10:16 AM

Anyway it's a DARTS.

Increase your ability score.
Get the archery fighting style.
Throw the dart while hidden or blind your enemy.

Toadkiller
2018-02-13, 10:23 AM
Fairies fire, greater invisibility. Lots of options.

Easy_Lee
2018-02-13, 11:10 AM
Adding to the above, War Clerics can give themselves a +10 bonus to hit by consuming a resource. Battlemaster fighters can also boost their attack roll with Precision Attack.

Innocent_bystan
2018-02-13, 11:35 AM
You could be a Monk with the Kensei subclass. The damage of your darts would scale with your martial arts damage and you'd get some abilities to enhance your attacks.

Throw an extra dart as an off-hand attack.

You could also try to get spells like Hex or Hunter's Mark to add damage per attack.

Take a look at the Sharpshooter feat.

Aett_Thorn
2018-02-13, 11:37 AM
You could be a Monk with the Kensei subclass. The damage of your darts would scale with your martial arts damage and you'd get some abilities to enhance your attacks.

Throw an extra dart as an off-hand attack.

You could also try to get spells like Hex or Hunter's Mark to add damage per attack.

Take a look at the Sharpshooter feat.

Well, thrown weapons still have the problem of needing to draw them as your one free action, unless this is hand-waived by the DM (which I believe it should be). Basically, by RAW, you can only draw one dart per turn, unless you have the dual-wielder feat.

DivisibleByZero
2018-02-13, 12:05 PM
Well, thrown weapons still have the problem of needing to draw them as your one free action, unless this is hand-waived by the DM (which I believe it should be). Basically, by RAW, you can only draw one dart per turn, unless you have the dual-wielder feat.

Our house rule. which we've been using pretty much since day one, is that any thrown weapon with either the Light or Finesse properties work like ammunition, wherein drawing the "ammunition" is part of the attack.
This list consists of: dagger, handaxe, light hammer, and dart

Aett_Thorn
2018-02-13, 02:01 PM
Our house rule. which we've been using pretty much since day one, is that any thrown weapon with either the Light or Finesse properties work like ammunition, wherein drawing the "ammunition" is part of the attack.
This list consists of: dagger, handaxe, light hammer, and dart

Our table basically allows it with any mainly thrown weapon, which basically is your list plus javelins.

Chugger
2018-02-13, 10:30 PM

Yes, DMs should definitely hand-wave this ... unless we're playing Accountants and Tedium (but don't - resist the urge!!!). :smallbiggrin:

kevinc45
2018-02-14, 03:57 AM
Actually I'm playing Monk with Way of Falling Pine Needles (Homebrew) where I can draw another dart after I make a ranged attack with a dart as a free action and then I pick Sharpshooter as my first Feat. So I'm currently trying to find a way to cover Sharpshooter's drawback on activating(-5 hit +10 damage). So if it's possible, I need an idea of feats/magic item/any possible way to increase my hit rate.

Cespenar
2018-02-14, 04:03 AM
Actually I'm playing Monk with Way of Falling Pine Needles (Homebrew) where I can draw another dart after I make a ranged attack with a dart as a free action and then I pick Sharpshooter as my first Feat. So I'm currently trying to find a way to cover Sharpshooter's drawback on activating(-5 hit +10 damage).

The Sharpshooter in my most recent game mainly used Bless (from a party member), Lucky, and ambushes to attain that sweet to-hit bonuses. Just mentioning from my experience.

Innocent_bystan
2018-02-14, 04:27 AM
Actually I'm playing Monk with Way of Falling Pine Needles (Homebrew) where I can draw another dart after I make a ranged attack with a dart as a free action and then I pick Sharpshooter as my first Feat. So I'm currently trying to find a way to cover Sharpshooter's drawback on activating(-5 hit +10 damage). So if it's possible, I need an idea of feats/magic item/any possible way to increase my hit rate.

Multiclass into Fighter and pick up the Archery Fighting Style? That +2 to hit is borderline broken in combination with Sharpshooter.

The first 3 levels of Fighter have a lot to offer.

Fighting Style, Second Wind
Action Surge
Battlemaster

LeonBH
2018-02-14, 04:43 AM
There's an old UA for skill feats that introduced Fell Handed and Blade Mastery. They grant a +1 to hit with the relevant weapons, which increases hit rate by 5%.