PDA

View Full Version : AL Dragonborn EK lvl 4. Suggestions

Whit
2018-02-13, 03:05 PM
I can make changes before 5th lvl so I’m looking for input
Adventure league rules Using the standard set score 15,14,13,12,10,8 (+2 str +1 cha)
Lvl 4 str 17,int 13,wis 8, dex 10, con 14, cha 13
Feat: great weapon master
Chain mail armor greatsword.
Acid breath ( black dragon) 5x30 line
Spells PHB+1 swordcoast G-f-b, fire bolt
Shield, P.f.E&G, find familiar owl (Charizard)

1. Feat; I chose GWM over stat bonus as i would like to try a little more damage and at lvl 6 I can go 18 str and 14 int. Feat -5 to hit (0) bonus to hit and + 5+3 (8) to damage. Or 18 str +4 to hit (6) and + 4 damage. Should I choose stats first?
2. Acid breath: I chose acid and black dragon for aesthetics to be different from everyone’s fire. The 5x30 line can be used for better range on land or air attacker's. But cone I think would hit more. Should I change to gas cone green dragon or line is fine?
3. Spells gfb is a no brainer from what Ive been directed to.
Fire bolt is my default range attack against I can’t reach you creatures land or air it also increases damage by lvl.
Shield is my main default protection spell and PfEG is main only if I go against those targeted by it as it will be better than shield
Find familiar is that one use always around spell that won’t take a slot to use each turn
The owl can recon with keen sight advantage and dark vision. It’s flyby combat help function grants me attack advantage and protects it from opportunity attack. Which is why I chose GWM +0 yo hit but advantage roll.

Lastly alignment.
I wanted to go away from the norm of LG associated with Dragonborn so I chose LE with a zhentarim faction but I feel as if I’m playing more LN.
Story: a patrol commander at the Tymanther-Unther border. A stern commander who will protect his nation at all cost. The laws of our land must be obeyed for it holds us together.
The nation serves you by you serving the nation.
A shadowy figure provided information of an Unther scouting party nearby with valuable information in their possession. leaving a map of their location and a zhentarin symbol, the figure left.
Although he was wary of the incident, he could not risk letting it pass. He assembled troops and captured the Unther scouting party. After torturing the remaining survivors he discovered what he feared. An Unther assault force approaching. He took the scouts leader dagger as a trophy. Sending word to his superiors, Tymanther destroyed the assault force. A hero at the border conflict, he received a note the following week with a zhentarim coin. “ we have provided for you, now, you shall provide for us. We have need of your services in Chult. As long as you provide for us we shall provide for your Nation.”
He tendered his resignation. “ I leave my Nation to serve my Nation. I shall grow stronger and return to keep my homelands safe, no matter the COST!”