PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Making A Character After Magnus the Red

Azizlight
2018-02-13, 06:25 PM
Hello everyone,

Ive been trying to come up with a character that is pretty much my boy magnus. So far I'm kinda thinking Aasimar for race and mystic or sorcerer for class but I'm not really sure as I'm quite new to d&d.

Just wondering if I could get some help creating him

Unoriginal
2018-02-13, 06:32 PM
Well, what about Magnus the Red do you want to emulate? Which parts of him do you consider emblematic enough that you'll look at your character and you'll think "alright, this is inspired by Magnus"?

A power of his in particular? His personality?

Azizlight
2018-02-13, 08:09 PM
Well, what about Magnus the Red do you want to emulate? Which parts of him do you consider emblematic enough that you'll look at your character and you'll think "alright, this is inspired by Magnus"?

A power of his in particular? His personality?

I know Magnus has many skills but I want to try and focus on the melee mixed with magic side. That's why I'm thinking mystic as they seem to do **** with their mind and can still hit people to death with his weapon.

Azizlight
2018-02-15, 05:03 PM
You guys are my only hope

Spellbreaker26
2018-02-15, 05:05 PM
Well, I'd go with Tiefling Sorcerer or Tiefling Warlock, sage background.

GlenSmash!
2018-02-15, 07:02 PM
What about Fallen Aasimar, Mystic, Order of the Immortal?

Bobby Baratheon
2018-02-15, 07:21 PM
Order the Immortal seems about right, especially since you can pretty easily get access to other disciplines to round out the whole "blowing stuff up with my mind" aspect of Magnus. I would also lean towards one of the Tiefling races, but if you're just looking for pure mechanical stuff the Yuan-Ti Pureblood's magic resistance seems appropriate. Again, terrible fit fluff-wise but it really depends on what you're going for.

Azizlight
2018-02-16, 07:48 AM
Order the Immortal seems about right, especially since you can pretty easily get access to other disciplines to round out the whole "blowing stuff up with my mind" aspect of Magnus. I would also lean towards one of the Tiefling races, but if you're just looking for pure mechanical stuff the Yuan-Ti Pureblood's magic resistance seems appropriate. Again, terrible fit fluff-wise but it really depends on what you're going for.

If i was to go the Tiefling route, what variant do you think you be best? The wings or maybe the infernal Tiefling