PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Adventure League

Angelalex242
2018-02-14, 10:05 AM
So. I'm an Oath of Ancients Paladin. (Picked that oath because the idea was to become the tankiest tank I can be, and being nearly magic proof will suit that goal better than Barbarian stuff, in my opinion.)

First, during Hoard of the Dragon Queen, I chose to use the Black Dragon Mask I got to impersonate like I'm leadership of the Dragon Cult, justifying this by saying it's avoiding loss of life. Also planning to turn the cultists against each other. Is this within the oath? (He's attempting to portray a bad boss...badly. He demanded a potion from a shopkeeper, didn't get it, let it slide. For one.)

Second, I've got a lawful evil rogue party member who enjoys taking slaves, particularly sex slaves. Is there a way to stop this guy without the 'quit ruining my fun' thing coming up?

Grear Bylls
2018-02-14, 03:11 PM
This thread title is really misleading

A Fat Dragon
2018-02-14, 03:19 PM
Well, if the cultists are causing grief, destruction, and unhappiness to innocent people, then I would think it’s probably alright to do. Might be frowned upon, but you technically aren’t breaking any of your tenets.

Sariel Vailo
2018-02-15, 01:54 AM
The um title ahoud say al and the lawful horny rougue

Nidgit
2018-02-15, 02:23 AM
You're certainly not breaking any oaths pretending to be one, but turning them against each other might be a little iffy if it's interpreted as spreading strife. The vast majority of DMs probably wouldn't mind.

An Oath of the Ancients Paladin should be very strongly against slavery. Prostitutes? Not a big deal. But keeping people against their will and ignoring their misery is definitely against the oaths.

Malifice
2018-02-15, 02:36 AM
So. I'm an Oath of Ancients Paladin. (Picked that oath because the idea was to become the tankiest tank I can be, and being nearly magic proof will suit that goal better than Barbarian stuff, in my opinion.)

First, during Hoard of the Dragon Queen, I chose to use the Black Dragon Mask I got to impersonate like I'm leadership of the Dragon Cult, justifying this by saying it's avoiding loss of life. Also planning to turn the cultists against each other. Is this within the oath? (He's attempting to portray a bad boss...badly. He demanded a potion from a shopkeeper, didn't get it, let it slide. For one.)

Noting in your Oath (Ancients) that remotely prevents this kind of thing.

Second, I've got a lawful evil rogue party member who enjoys taking slaves, particularly sex slaves. Is there a way to stop this guy without the 'quit ruining my fun' thing coming up?

Notify the DM that you find depictions of sexual slavery (rape) to be against the rules of AL (it clearly is).

No AL DM should be allowing that kind of thing. If he is take it higher and get his licence revoked.

Unoriginal
2018-02-15, 07:24 AM

Should be fine. Can the Black Dragon Mask corrupt your PC's mind or something?

Apparently it's against AL rules, but even without that I got to ask: how does that Rogue enslave and rape people ?

I mean, how does they capture people and keep them both imprisoned and in a position to be raped, while adventuring?

Angelalex242
2018-02-15, 04:19 PM
So there are actually rules against it. Good. Wish I'd gotten the response before I left for the game last night. Ah well. Next week!

And the mask is not corrupting me. It is, in fact, an obscenely useful item that does Darkvision 60 feet (which can be doubled to 120 if you have an existing source), blindsight once per day, acid resistance that becomes immunity if you have it already, acid breath weapon (improved If you already have one), advantage on charisma checks vs. black dragons, water breathing at will, charisma to ac while unarmored...

Unoriginal
2018-02-16, 04:23 AM
I got to ask again, though: how is the Rogue keeping slaves while adventuring? Seems like a logistic nightmare, or a sure way to get murdered.

A Fat Dragon
2018-02-16, 05:14 AM
And the mask is not corrupting me. It is, in fact, an obscenely useful item that does Darkvision 60 feet (which can be doubled to 120 if you have an existing source), blindsight once per day, acid resistance that becomes immunity if you have it already, acid breath weapon (improved If you already have one), advantage on charisma checks vs. black dragons, water breathing at will, charisma to ac while unarmored...

Wish I had a red dragon mask on my Dragonborn Pally.

And yet while I’m stuck without one, our leader the homocidal dwarf cleric is getting Ironfang (For the second time now, not even playing PotA).

Sorry, just wanted to get that off my chest.