PDA

View Full Version : Shadow, darkness based sorcerer spells of level 4 or lower?

martixy
2018-02-14, 04:57 PM
I'm creating a shadow and darkness themed character and looking for spells and effects that can reliably create shadows around me, so I can use my Hide in Plain Sight ability that works based on shadows.

Apart from the obvious, like Darkness and Deeper Darkness that is.

Ideally, I'm looking for ways to defeat true seeing and light spells of any level.
The character has 8 sorcerer levels to play with, so up to 4th level spells.

BowStreetRunner
2018-02-14, 05:46 PM
Everything Shadow (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329348-Everything-Shadow)

martixy
2018-02-14, 06:05 PM
Everything Shadow (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329348-Everything-Shadow)

That's a thread killer if there ever was one. Thanks.
Also I remembered that shadow stance from ToB, which I think should also work here.

Afgncaap5
2018-02-14, 06:09 PM
Is this for 3.5? Pathfinder? Any 3rd party stuff allowed? (If yes to the latter, there's a few powerful spheres that might interest you for the cost of a few feats...)

Also, I'm going to suggest taking a glance at some Shadow Hand techniques in Tome of Battle. They're not always easy for casters to use since they're not quite as effective as most comparable spells, but their ease of use and thematic nature might be handy. Cloak of Deception, for instance, has no prerequisites (making it easy to get via feat) and can make you invisible as a swift action through shadows, which isn't exactly hiding in plain sight but can work in moments when other options are scarce.

-Edit-

Also, I almost forgot to mention my favorite shadow spell, Dark Way from the Spell Compendium. Not necessarily good at beating true sight, but a bridge made of shadows is a convenient, and flavorful, escape route. Didn't see it listed in the other thread, though.

Thurbane
2018-02-14, 06:23 PM

Dead End
Net of Shadows

Claws of Darkness
Dark Way
Shadow Mask
Shadow Radiance
Shadow Spray
Wall of Gloom

Legion of Sentinels
Shadow Binding