PDA

View Full Version : Player Help look i am a pixie!!

Diegodod
2018-02-14, 09:17 PM
Hello everyone, my last character on a game i was, died today. one minute of silence for Hiimir (The lover) (4lv reaping mauler)

Now I need to create a new one, and i thinking in create a pixie but I have any idea what to do

One of the rules of the game is "no magic world" Hiimir was on lvl 10, so my new character need to be lvl 9 I have no idea what to do but i really want a pixie.

By that i come here to take some help from you guys.

Thanks alot

From the Brazilian newb ~Diego

ericgrau
2018-02-14, 10:54 PM
Pixies make awesome rogue archers. Flying sneak attack spam with lots of great defenses. I've heard they make good warlocks too, but I don't know the reason.

Make sure you do something about your low HP. Weapons are pretty low threat, but random bad luck with area damage is deadly. There are lots of MiC items that provide temporary HP IIRC, but I don't know if you have any way to get items in this world. Plus get a good con of course. Improved toughness might be worth it too. Though with your reduced level, finding flat bonuses to HP rather than bonuses per level might be better.

Thurbane
2018-02-14, 11:15 PM
Bear in mind that for a Pixie, level 9 means 5 class levels and +4 level adjustment (unless your DM allows LA buyoff at character generation or similar).

ericgrau
2018-02-14, 11:25 PM
Yes, but pixie is one of the rare races where it is often worth it, except in pretty high optimization. ECL 9 is pushing it a little, but not much. Hence why I was suggesting as much HP as possible. In about 3 levels he'll be totally fine.

Celestia
2018-02-14, 11:59 PM
Pixies make awesome rogue archers. Flying sneak attack spam with lots of great defenses. I've heard they make good warlocks too, but I don't know the reason.
Because invisible flying spam works just as well with eldritch blast as it does with a bow. Also, it saves you two invocation slots for abilities that you were going to get, anyways.

However, I doubt a Warlock will be allowed in a "no magic world," so rogue is the best bet option.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure how much your DM likes houseruling, but Inevitability has made a thread dedicated to reassigning LAs based on a better understanding of game balance than the creators had. He determined that the pixie was only worth a +3. It's a small change, but it's still better than +4. If your DM agrees with it, that'll give you an extra class level and help with the low HP issue somewhat.

Zaq
2018-02-15, 12:07 AM
Huh. How actually "no magic" is this "no magic world"? Because defeating invisibility is significantly less easy without magic. Especially if you take Darkstalker, which you should. Of course, if you're allowed to take an inherently magical race like pixie, you'll probably be up against monsters with inherent magic that can get past invisibility (and, to be blunt, most GMs who declare a "low magic game" aren't fully honest about it and mostly just end up hosing characters who care about gear), but it's something.

I recommend taking a class that gets Evasion. You'll be missing a lot of HD and will therefore be very, very fragile, and area attacks usually don't care about your invisibility or your DR.

Diegodod
2018-02-15, 07:22 AM
The world.

Magic is a fairy tale , exist but all must everyone don't know about that
The players can create magic classes, but is too nerfed up lv 4 of conjuration
by that the master costume give power to the chars.

EX
my Reaping Mauler won the ability to control hes bones to grab beater and hug bigger creatures

and tanks again for the help