PDA

View Full Version : Minor items, treasure points, and treasure tables.

Armored Walrus
2018-02-15, 12:31 AM
So XGtE has a section on treasure points, which is something I've chosen to use for my Battle Royale game, since there's no story there to handle handing out items. Based on the treasure point system, you get so many points per session, and then it costs so many treasure points to buy magic items based upon on which treasure table the item appears in the DMG.

However, the same book introduced a whole slew of new magic items ("minor" magic items) and a new set of treasure tables. Oddly enough, they didn't think to somehow make those two rules work together.

So how many treasure points would you charge for common, uncommon, rare or very rare "minor" magic items? Does just a straight 1 point for common, 2 points for uncommon, 3 points for rare, 4 points for very rare make sense? Or are even the very rare items too minor to be worth such a cost?

Maybe 1 point for common and uncommon, 2 points for rare and very rare?

Edit: Never mind, I'm an idiot. All the items introduced in XGtE are minor, common items. 1 point will suffice for them all. Nothing to see here, move on folks.