PDA

View Full Version : Rod of the pact keeper?

Shadowbane13
2018-02-15, 01:47 PM
So my group uses a random treasure generator and this rod of the pact keeper came up but we cannot find a description of it like anywhere. What does it do and does anyone have a source? We assume it has something to do with pacts for warlocks but we could be wrong.

Millstone85
2018-02-15, 01:58 PM
There you go.
Rod of the Pact Keeper
Rod, uncommon (+1), rare (+2), or very rare (+3)
(requires attunement by a warlock)
While holding this rod, you gain a bonus to spell attack rolls and to the saving throw DCs of your warlock spells. The bonus is determined by the rod's rarity.
In addition, you can regain one warlock spell slot as an action while holding the rod. You can't use this property again until you finish a long rest.

nickl_2000
2018-02-15, 02:00 PM
It's page 197 in the Dungeon Masters Guide

Ron OF THE PACT KEEPER
uncommon (+1), rare (+2), or very rare (+3) requires attunement by a warlock
While holding this rod, you gain a bonus to spell attack roils and to the saving throw DCs of your warlock spells. The bonus is determined by the rod's rarity. In addition, you can regain one warlock spell slot as an action while holding the rod. You can't use this property again until you finish a long rest.

Aett_Thorn
2018-02-15, 02:07 PM
It's page 197 in the Dungeon Masters Guide

Ron OF THE PACT KEEPER
uncommon (+1), rare (+2), or very rare (+3) requires attunement by a warlock
While holding this rod, you gain a bonus to spell attack roils and to the saving throw DCs of your warlock spells. The bonus is determined by the rod's rarity. In addition, you can regain one warlock spell slot as an action while holding the rod. You can't use this property again until you finish a long rest.

RON of the Pact Keeper?

"Hi, I'm a Pact Keeper, and this is my good friend Ron. He's a magical item." :tongue:

nickl_2000
2018-02-15, 02:19 PM
RON of the Pact Keeper?

"Hi, I'm a Pact Keeper, and this is my good friend Ron. He's a magical item." :tongue:

He's a legendary sentient item :smallsmile:

Millstone85
2018-02-15, 02:28 PM
Clearly a confusion with Ron of the Death Eaters.

Vogie
2018-02-15, 02:46 PM
Our thief rogue just took the title of "Rob the Pact Keeper" too far, and the warlock player gave up and quit...

Theodoxus
2018-02-15, 03:10 PM
We have a player who's character goes by "The robbed ranger" - we call him Rob. We have no idea what his character's actual name is. I was a little sad he doesn't wear a dressing gown...

Lord8Ball
2018-02-15, 03:13 PM
Flavor it like you do a pact weapon upon attunement. Other than that just think of it as a steel rod with a magical aura.

bkwrm79
2018-02-17, 02:33 PM
Flavor it like you do a pact weapon upon attunement. Other than that just think of it as a steel rod with a magical aura.

With lots of Tabasco and black pepper?

Lord8Ball
2018-02-17, 03:46 PM
You fool! Only Tapatio will do for this rod.