PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything that specifically keys off of having temp HP?

Zaq
2018-02-15, 09:38 PM
Temp HP. They're useful if you prefer to not lose real HP when you take damage, and if you're at a level of optimization where HP damage is relevant, that's a pretty decent benefit right there. If you're optimizing directly for THP, you can get quite a lot of them (especially with this stand-out bad boy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/vigor.htm), but through other methods as well). It's not like they're useless on their own.

That said, just out of curiosity, does anyone know of any game elements that specifically trigger off of THP? Either you automatically gain more whenever you would gain them, or you gain some other benefit out of having them? (Self-damaging effects, of course, always mesh nicely with THP because THP tend to be cheaper than real HP, but that's not quite what I'm looking for.) I'm not trying to do anything specific with this—I've just got some wheels in my head turning. There's a handful of game elements in 4e that specifically give benefits when you have THP, but expecting to find a direct analogue when comparing 4e to 3.5 is rarely a good idea.

I'm more familiar with / interested in 3.5 than Pathfinder, so I'd prefer that the discussion be rooted in 3.5 material; that said, since this isn't for a real character or a real build or anything, I'm not going to be super dogmatic about that.

darkdragoon
2018-02-15, 10:15 PM
Beloved of Demons: super specific and short duration, can be traded for DR/good which is even shorter duration.

Initiate of Ilmater: excess healing becomes Temp HP and while those are up it also grants some other buffs.