PDA

View Full Version : Planar Warrior interaction Extra Attack(s)

trctelles
2018-02-16, 11:00 AM
I was taking a look at the Horizon Walker and the Planar Warrior got my attention for some reason, but I'm not sure I understand how it interact with Extra Attacks.

If I have Extra Attack, does the "turn the damage to force" part of the text apply to both attacks if I hit someone, or it works only once, turning one of the attacks into force damage +1d8, and the other one does the conventional damage type, or both of the hits become force damage?

I think the +1d8 force damage part is pretty straight forward, it only applies once, but the "turn to force" is kinda iffy (at least for me)

DivisibleByZero
2018-02-16, 11:05 AM
As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.

The next time you hit that creature.
It happens once.

Spend your bonus action to do this.
Attack, turn all damage into force damage, and add 1d8 (or 2d8 at higher levels) to the damage. The effect ends.
If that first attack hits, the second attack granted by Extra Attack works as normal.
If that first attack misses, then the second attack granted by Extra Attack gain these benefits, and the effect ends.
If both of those miss, and you happen to be Hasted, then these benefits would apply to that attack. If either of those previous attacks hit, your Haste attack would work as normal, just the the 2nd attack if your first hit.

It happens once, the next time you hit on that turn, and then the effect ends.

nickl_2000
2018-02-16, 11:06 AM
It's for the next time you hit only for both affects.

As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack