PDA

View Full Version : Sorlock at higher levels

jjadned
2018-02-16, 02:45 PM
So the idea is to

Warlock 3 (tome hexblade) and Sorcerer 2 (Divine)

But at higher levels what do you do?

The sorcerer gets better lategame powers and spells (Can only get level 9 spells if you only take 3 into warlock)

So is there a reason to level up warlock? (other than more slots to melt down)

Ventruenox
2018-02-16, 02:51 PM
Depends on what you want to do with your character. Going Warlock 4 for the ASI/feat to carry you through the game might be a better option for the campaign than hoping for the level 9 spells at the end.

jjadned
2018-02-16, 02:54 PM
Depends on what you want to do with your character. Going Warlock 4 for the ASI/feat to carry you through the game might be a better option for the campaign than hoping for the level 9 spells at the end.

I mostly just want to be able to spam spells like misty step and use stuble spell

I think once you get to

W3/S2

You take 2 levels in sorcerer then 1 into warlock

Until you hit Sorcerer level 9 then the rest into warlock

If you did this, I think a Raven queen would be best because the 10th level feature outclasses that of the Hexblade's. Plus the raven is pretty good and goes with the kind of character I am going with.

Iados
2018-02-16, 03:07 PM
I mostly just want to be able to spam spells like misty step and use stuble spell

I think once you get to

W3/S2

You take 2 levels in sorcerer then 1 into warlock

Until you hit Sorcerer level 9 then the rest into warlock

If you did this, I think a Raven queen would be best because the 10th level feature outclasses that of the Hexblade's. Plus the raven is pretty good and goes with the kind of character I am going with.

In the abstract, I'm a fan of going Sorcerer 17/Warlock 3 if you're confident that the campaign will go the full distance. It takes a while to get there, but having the means to cast Wish or Meteor Swarm is not trivial. Nevertheless, if the Raven Queen goes best with your character concept, then that may be your best plan. Do whatever you'll have the most fun with!

Snowbluff
2018-02-16, 04:02 PM
Hi~!

I play with a guy who made some very strong sorlocks. The trick is to use EB then quicken a spell. With this in mind, you want to push more heavily towards your sorcerer levels, as they lets you build your SP pool for more metamagic. Level 3 is a sweet spot for warlock, because it gets you the second level slot and basically the entirety of the class's value.

You can also kind of coffee-lock as well. Before each short rest, nom nom nom on your warlock points for some SP.

Caelic
2018-02-16, 11:44 PM
Only reason I can see to continue Warlock is to make it possible to get rituals higher than level 2 with PoTT. It's not an especially compelling reason, but there it is.